Thread: Big Sea Rescue...

Jbb

KineticoH20
    link no good

Jbb
    link good

Beer-30
    It worked for me. Sheeze. Tough "little" boat. That thing was taking those waves and asking for more. Didn't even phase it!

Boatcop
    Was that the one you were trying to show me earlier?
    Been there, done there. Got the patch.
    I went to the National Motor Life Boat School at Cape "D" way back in the day. Did exactly what those guys in the clip were doing.
    The model of boat depicted in that clip isn't in service any more, or is being phased out in favor of a newer boat. That one is 44' in length, steel hull, 18 ton displacement powered by twin GM 6V-53 diesels. They're self-righting, meaning it will survive a 360 degree roll and keep going. Now that's not to say that the boat will still have the mast and other top-side stuff attached, but it WILL keep afloat and keep running. The Coast Guard built 110 of them between 1962 and 1972. Top speed was around 15-16 knots (around 18 MPH)
    The replacement boat is a 47' aluminum job that's state of the art, and whole lot quicker.

Jbb
    Was that the one you were trying to show me earlier?
    Been there, done there. Got the patch.
    I went to the National Motor Life Boat School at Cape "D" way back in the day. Did exactly what those guys in the clip were doing.
    The model of boat depicted in that clip isn't in service any more, or is being phased out in favor of a newer boat. That one is 44' in length, steel hull, 18 ton displacement powered by twin GM 6V-53 diesels. They're self-righting, meaning it will survive a 360 degree roll and keep going. Now that's not to say that the boat will still have the mast and other top-side stuff attached, but it WILL keep afloat and keep running. The Coast Guard built 110 of them between 1962 and 1972. Top speed was around 15-16 knots (around 18 MPH)
    The replacement boat is a 47' aluminum job that's state of the art, and whole lot quicker.
    That was it...