Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gasket Matching????

GofastRacer
    After I did that I got curious so I decided to go one step further, I did a build up of epoxy on the outer surface of the ports so I could smooth out the blend and raise the roof a bit and without any tuning changes, I got 3 more mph out of it, thought that was pretty cool, I wished I would have kept on experimenting with it!..

Hotcrusader76
    Wow...So I suppose my motor was set-up with some care. I did find out that my cam is not an Erson but a Crower. Hmmmm....Part#297HDP 01244.
    My crank is a cast version and the pistons are cast as well. Oh well....

GofastRacer
    Well, at least you got a good cam!.. wink

DansBlown73Nordic
    My machine shop guy thinks Im nuts!!!! eek! He says there is no way that set-up will make more power. This was a week ago.
    The other night he says I may just try it out. wink He is getting smarter.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Thunderbutt, as far as the headers go they are Stellings Stainless steel. I have not tried to do anything with them yet except to polish them. They look great hanging in my shop.
    The Schiada is in my storage building with about 3 feet of snow piled in front of the building. burningm

GofastRacer
    Ask him if he's ever tried it before! just because he's a machinist, that don't mean he knows anything about making power!..

shirkey4750
    I run my hydro with this setup, square to oval and it makes good horsepower. I've run two motors with this setup and both have worked well. The article that Dan was talking about was in an 80's edition of ***boat, and was writtin by a dragracer. His theory was that abrupt wall that the fuel and air hit caused a turbulance effect breaking up the fuel and air mixture. He did put bigger exhaust valves in the heads for greater exhaust flow. Maybe someone from ***boat could find this article. I may still have the article, will have to dig.

GofastRacer
    Exactly!.. Never seen that article, I'd like to raed that!..
    [ March 09, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

DansBlown73Nordic
    This machinist friend of mine has built some very fast cars. Another words he is know Dummy. wink
    We talked the other night about the epoxy. He said if you made the runner flow better he thought it would help. Just kinda interesting.

GofastRacer
    Well, since the castings are thin at that point, when you blend the manifold you have quite a curve in the head. With a build up you can straightened the port out more making it a straighter shot. The only reason I did it was that my heads were all beat up and I was going to shit can them anyhow, figure what the heck, why not try it, I was supprised at the outcome!.. wink

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast