Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good hand held GPS

FUTURE
    Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm looking for a good hand held GPS so I can know how fast my boat is. Thanks for the help.

jbone
    I got the little Garmin handheld. It was about 100 bucks. The only thing I wish it had was a top speed memory. My model doesn't have that feature.
    J

ChumpChange
    Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm looking for a good hand held GPS so I can know how fast my boat is. Thanks for the help.
    Don't do it! Nobody wants to know the true speed of their boat. It makes it harder to sell. Just make up a number.

FUTURE
    Don't do it! Nobody wants to know the true speed of their boat. It makes it harder to sell. Just make up a number.
    I guess it does a hundred. But don't all boats

wildbillg
    Go on Ebay and look for a Garmin III or III plus they are good units and will do everything you need. (with top speed mem.)

FUTURE
    I got the little Garmin handheld. It was about 100 bucks. The only thing I wish it had was a top speed memory. My model doesn't have that feature.
    J
    I will make sure mine has a recall.

FUTURE
    Go on Ebay and look for a Garmin III or III plus they are good units and will do everything you need. (with top speed mem.)
    I think I will look into those.

Racey
    Garmin Garmin Garmin, any of their handhelds are good for speed from the cheapest one on up, i've had a few and love them, i think i have an E-trex Vista now, it's tranparent blue, love it, has alot higher resolution than the cheap yellow one, had one of those before, which was nice, but very simple, and lacking alot of features of the next higher up one.
    Whatever you do dont buy Magellan they are so difficult to use, horrible complicated user interface.

FUTURE
    Garmin Garmin Garmin, any of their handhelds are good for speed from the cheapest one on up, i've had a few and love them, i think i have an E-trex Vista now, it's tranparent blue, love it, has alot higher resolution than the cheap yellow one, had one of those before, which was nice, but very simple, and lacking alot of features of the next higher up one.
    Whatever you do dont buy Magellan they are so difficult to use, horrible complicated user interface.
    ???

oilfieldtrash
    i use a garmin Etrex Vista and i love it. it has a lot of easy to use features and very reliable. iuse mine everyday for work and also on the weekends in the boat! if you want to piss of you buddies just get in ther boat with it and show them how fast they really are, all my buddies think they are alot faster then they really are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast