Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 26' force cat 496 ho, how fast?

Kilrtoy

Not So Fast
    I have learned a little since I bought my boat and the advice I should have listened to was "build it once" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are going to be happy with a 496 then so be it but DO IT ONCE, speed is sort of like tits and TV's, you will want bigger sooner or later. Leave the 496 alone, its great as is. Good luck. NSF

2forcefull
    I personaly would never put a blower on a cast piston, junk rod motor,
    I would step up to a quality blower motor if max speed was what I was after.
    I will say this on a closed course race situation my 29' force is too slow!!
    but as a weekend hotrod its too fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    95to 100 mph on the way to the sand bar is just nuts!!!!!
    but if thats what I wanted to do, i'd feel safe in the canopyed force.
    I go out on lake mead during the week and the boat aint fast enough,
    but on the weekend, its too fast
    boating has changed a lot in the last few years, people go to the lake to park on the beach, thats what has made the deck boat such a hit, followed by the open bow.
    my 29 force is too big for my wife to drive and she's scared of the power,
    maybe in time that will change,
    I'm now hearing that a 29' boat fits right in on the river, don't know, never been there , but we are going this weekend, tak'n the schiada

phebus
    Rick, how much do you want for that prop. I need another prop and that might be fun to try.
    Come try it, and see if you like it. I have pretty good money in that prop (labbing cost), so I'd have to get about $400 out of it, so I'd want to make sure you liked it.
    I also have a 26P with a little cup removed to give back a few rpm, that I really like that you could try. That's probably going to be the prop I run, except for when it gets really hot, and then I'll probably go back to a 24P.
    It's funny, I like to tinker, so I have four different props I play around with. I have a stock 24, the labbed 25, the 26 with some cup removed, and a stock 26. Different props for different temperatures, different boat loads, etc. All that on a boat with a 496HO. Good thing I don't have a go fast motor, or I would be in the poor house.

Havasu1986
    [QUOTE=Kilrtoy;2402772]Lets get one thing straight, NO ONE WANTS TO GO SLOW, GOING SLOW SUCKS, DONT EVER FOOL YOURSELF.....
    I have never heard anyone, I REPEAT ANYONE say , I wish my boat was slower...BUT EVERYONE says I WISH MY BOAT WAS FASTER[/QUOTE}
    Read post #23 then. Theres a first for everything.

Jrocket
    I'll start it of with....who even owns a 26 Force?

DMOORE
    thanks, I'm try'n to do some home work here on power options;
    the 496 ho = 20k = 70 mph
    the 496 ho whippled = 30k = 80mph?? anyone know?
    the 525 hp =40k = 80mph? anyone???
    the force 540 ? guessing 50k all custom w/ drive 94mph?
    the force is 4500 lbs and is 26'8", comparable to most the 28' with built on swimsteps/ 26' boat w/ 28' deck.
    has anyone had any longivity with the whipple set up, or the pro charger?
    A good friend purchased a 28 Conquest deck boat this past summer. With a 496HO it ran 70. He then installed a Whipple and it ran 82.
    Darrell.

Kilrtoy
    [QUOTE=Kilrtoy;2402772]Lets get one thing straight, NO ONE WANTS TO GO SLOW, GOING SLOW SUCKS, DONT EVER FOOL YOURSELF.....
    I have never heard anyone, I REPEAT ANYONE say , I wish my boat was slower...BUT EVERYONE says I WISH MY BOAT WAS FASTER[/QUOTE}
    Read post #23 then. Theres a first for everything.
    We will revisit this a month after he takes delivery, Im sure his answer will have changed,
    THEY ALL DO.......EVRY SINGLE TIME....
    I can think of atleast 5 off the top of my head on here right now, that said the same prior to delivery

Not So Fast
    A good friend purchased a 28 Conquest deck boat this past summer. With a 496HO it ran 70. He then installed a Whipple and it ran 82.
    Darrell.
    Hopefully it will still be running next summer NSF

Jrocket
    496 no good anyway you slice it.From power to mods to resale...No good.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast