Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Knights....

wolfie
    I lived in SLC for 36 years... I still own a house in the Sugarhouse area. Larzolere is originally from SLC too. He lived on the corner of 14th east and Garfield Avenue. I escaped 17 years ago... Bill was dragged out of Zion in '58 when he was 14. My shop is just a couple of miles from Bill's. I'm in Glendale.
    That's a new one on me. I didn't know Bill was from here.
    I sure took a lot to get use to. Jill really had a hard time.

Infomaniac
    Just watched it here at work......Knights Rule.....
    Yep I watced it a couple weeks ago. On regular TV. They edited out the one armed violinist part
    I tried to get Info Jr to watch it and he wouldnt. Could'nt get him to watch Gumball Rally or Amercan Grafiti either.

Jbb
    Watched The Marine yesterday....... ...Kimber was in it!
    Knights Rule.....

Misogynist
    That's a new one on me. I didn't know Bill was from here.
    I sure took a lot to get use to. Jill really had a hard time.
    If you have lived outside of Utah, and then go there, it does take a lot of time to acclimate to the silly liquor laws and other dumb laws. At one time the state had "blue laws". Where all businesses were closed on Sundays. With exception to hospitals, gas stations, and restaurants in hotels, all businesses were forced to close on Sunday. That lasted about a month and everyone was screaming. In the late '50's and early 60's you had to register as a drinker and purchase a "liquor control card" from the state for a dollar to be able to purchase booze in the state run liquor store. At least the state now has "self service" liquor stores with the booze in sight. I can remember when you had to look up on a list what you wanted to drink, put the stock number on a slip, and then pass the slip through a caged window to the clerk. Then the clerk would emerge from behind a partition with the bottle already bagged. It was like a crackhouse for booze. Too funny.

wolfie
    If you have lived outside of Utah, and then go there, it does take a lot of time to acclimate to the silly liquor laws and other dumb laws. At one time the state had "blue laws". Where all businesses were closed on Sundays. With exception to hospitals, gas stations, and restaurants in hotels, all businesses were forced to close on Sunday. That lasted about a month and everyone was screaming. In the late '50's and early 60's you had to register as a drinker and purchase a "liquor control card" from the state for a dollar to be able to purchase booze in the state run liquor store. At least the state now has "self service" liquor stores with the booze in sight. I can remember when you had to look up on a list what you wanted to drink, put the stock number on a slip, and then pass the slip through a caged window to the clerk. Then the clerk would emerge from behind a partition with the bottle already bagged. It was like a crackhouse for booze. Too funny.
    It's starting to loosen up a little with all of us "gentiles" moving in. It is nice not to see liquor stores on every corner. Instead you have the ward houses. We loved going to the movie theaters & skiing on Sundays since there were hardly anyone out then. That's changed a lot just in the five years we've been here. Now the theaters are packed on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know when you were out here last, but Herriman has grow tremendously. We were just out there last weekend checking out houses and couldn't believe how many have been built just since we've move to Utah.

Misogynist
    It's starting to loosen up a little with all of us "gentiles" moving in. It is nice not to see liquor stores on every corner. Instead you have the ward houses. We loved going to the movie theaters & skiing on Sundays since there were hardly anyone out then. That's changed a lot just in the five years we've been here. Now the theaters are packed on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know when you were out here last, but Herriman has grow tremendously. We were just out there last weekend checking out houses and couldn't believe how many have been built just since we've move to Utah.
    When I left the Draper ridge had NO homes on it. Now it's all homes. Herriman was just dirt. Only the north-west quadrant of the 215 belt route was completed. I know it's changed a lot since 1990. I was in SLC in October. Even the downtown has changed a lot since the Olympics.

Baja Big Dog
    That yellow '57 Tony Danza had in that movie was so bad ass.... so was the rail job.
    I bet JBB loved the "bandits" in the Cobra
    One of my fav movies of all time!
    Oh Yea........

Baja Big Dog
    Mormons aint dumb....they know the all mighty dollar waves a heavy hand...

Misogynist
    Mormons aint dumb....they know the all mighty dollar waves a heavy hand...
    Oh yeah.... they won't drink alcohol... but they'll sell it to anyone for a profit.

wolfie
    When I left the Draper ridge had NO homes on it. Now it's all homes. Herriman was just dirt. Only the north-west quadrant of the 215 belt route was completed. I know it's changed a lot since 1990. I was in SLC in October. Even the downtown has changed a lot since the Olympics.
    We'll 'm up on the hill in Draper. Not up on the ridgeline though. It's too windy and a hell of a lot more snow (which I woke up to 8" this morning). I live just below the golf course a street over from the 15th hole.
    The entire place has changed dramatically since I came here 5 years ago.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast