Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CRC Boat Sunday in Havasu

dimarcobros
    Anyone see that monster hauling a** around the lake? Up4River and I were pulling the boat out when they were launching. When they fired up those engines it made the hair on my arms stand up. He made it from the turn at site 6 to the mouth of the lake in about 15 seconds, that thing was moving. The tow truck had 160.96 on the side of it but it looked like it was going faster than that. We could here him making runs while we were cleaning the boat a good mile or so off the water.
    Anyone else see it? Any pics?
    DMB

Not So Fast
    I was watching him along with Mr Harley from the ramp and believe me he was HAULING THE MAIL!!!!!! They made numerous runs and even at the distance we were he looked VERY FAST indeedy. NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
    Figured he was in town since I saw his tow vehicle parked by Javelina. I believe he owns one of the condos next to the Agave Inn.....

dimarcobros
    I was watching him along with Mr Harley from the ramp and believe me he was HAULING THE MAIL!!!!!! They made numerous runs and even at the distance we were he looked VERY FAST indeedy. NSF
    Did you get any pics?
    DMB

havaduner
    Watched him make several passes from my porch Sun morn. Seemed to be having a slight carb/timing issue, but several passes sounded ( and looked) really good, they trailered it, made some adjustments while on the trailer in the water. Second go around didnt seem as fast, motors definetly sounded different too. They were back out yesterday morn too, but we were just leaving the house. God I would love to ride in that boat at speed.

Not So Fast
    Did you get any pics?
    DMB
    As usual the camera was sitting at home, sorry. They were on the far side by the Landing anyway. Note to self, bring camera at all times!~ NSF

C-2
    Figured he was in town since I saw his tow vehicle parked by Javelina. I believe he owns one of the condos next to the Agave Inn.....
    Yup. That's DeFrees. Just a few years back at the LA boatshow he signed up for the poker run, and told us he bought a DCB 34. He shows up at the poker run, and for a couple of years, was running with Predator (in fact that's DeFrees in that Predator vid).
    Now the guy is full on racing. I think he likes this stuff!
    He'll have the CRC boat at the street party on Thursday, 4/26.

phebus
    Saw them running from the water. It sure is a different perspective from the water. Scary fast.
    The next day, I heard it running from my house, and I'm a ways up the hill.

blackcloud75
    ..........I'm a ways up the hill.
    You must have had fresh batteries in those hearing aids......or you really meant ,"I'm a ways over the hill."
    Hope all is well, Mr. President!

phebus
    LOL, they both apply.
    If you have to still sell your boat, please sell it to someone that boats on Havasu, so I can admire it forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast