Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strut replacement

schiada96
    E-ticket you have mail.
    SD I've never made a drop-thru strut I've made drop thur skags (SP?) for Lee. I've seen them but I think Stan prefers the bolt on's for the boats he is rigging now. If you must have one lets figure it out I'm sure you you can handle the brackets for the inside and I'll make the rest.
    let me know
    Jeff

superdave013
    schiada96:
    E-ticket you have mail.
    SD I've never made a drop-thru strut I've made drop thur skags (SP?) for Lee. I've seen them but I think Stan prefers the bolt on's for the boats he is rigging now. If you must have one lets figure it out I'm sure you you can handle the brackets for the inside and I'll make the rest.
    let me know
    JeffI need that fin too!! I'm still kicking replacing my strut around right now so I will get pack to you on that one. But I really do need a new fin so let me know how much that would be please.

schiada96
    Sd I'll have to know how thick the bottom of your boat is and we can get to work on the fin. It won't be too expensive

VD CRUISER
    schiada, What materials do you prefer to make a strut out of. Do you ever use stainless. Do you have a ballpark figure for the cost?

schiada96
    V-drive cruser I've made only a few struts. I've made rudders, fins and struts for people. Most of the struts I've made have been made from 304 ss. As is the rudder in my boat. I've been told that 416 heat treated is a better choice.
    If you would like me to duplicate a strut for you let me know. I'll make it from anything you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12