Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless WTF...?

HammerDown
    Originally Posted by me on another Forum...just over a month ago.
    "Through a very good Verizon Rep I am able to try out any Verizon Phone and new digital network in my home for 15 days and NOT incur ANY cost what so ever to me if cancel the new service. (looks like they want me to stay)!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE...WOW I just got my bill...looks like the Rep told me a lie , Verizon is charging me after all, some $35.74 and I only had the new phone and line for 5 days.
    And it's SAD when I leave SEVERAL messages for this particular Rep to contact me so we can discuss what he told me prior to the agreement/test...and he won't!
    And of course no other Verizon CS Reps can or will do anything about it.
    Nice going Verizon Wireless...a company that won't stand behind what their employees say and, an employee that can pretty much tell a customer anything, even if it's BS!

boater72
    Originally Posted by me on another Forum...just over a month ago.
    "Through a very good Verizon Rep I am able to try out any Verizon Phone and new digital network in my home for 15 days and NOT incur ANY cost what so ever to me if cancel the new service. (looks like they want me to stay)!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE...WOW I just got my bill...looks like the Rep told me a lie , Verizon is charging me after all, some $35.74 and I only had the new phone and line for 5 days.
    And it's SAD when I leave SEVERAL messages for this particular Rep to contact me so we can discuss what he told me prior to the agreement/test...and he won't!
    And of course no other Verizon CU Reps can or will do anything about it.
    Nice going Verizon Wireless...a company that won't stand behind what their employees say and, an employee that can pretty much tell a customer anything, even if it's BS!
    Contract ?

C-2
    They don't give a shiat. I too was lied to and I threatened to cancel a 10 year old business account. Their response - would you like to be transferred to our cancellation department?

HammerDown
    Contract ?
    No, I've been out of contract for a few years now.
    But here's what gets me...I'm a man of my word, if I say I'm going to do something there's going to be a darn good reason why it (may not) happen.
    I simply would expect Verizon Wireless to look into this a bit more before giving me the hand off, an 8+ year long customer at that.
    At some point a Company should be held accountable for it's employees actions.

havaduner
    They don't give a shiat. I too was lied to and I threatened to cancel a 10 year old business account. Their response - would you like to be transferred to our cancellation department?
    So, did you?

Boozer
    Cell phone companies have grown to big for their britches. They now know that they have the consumer by the balls and their customer service is proof positive of exactly that. The big cell phone carriers now have the mindset that you need their service more then they need your business so if you have a problem you can go elsewhere. I no longer work in the industry for exactly this reason.
    If it's not Verizon giving it to you in the a$$ it will be T-Mobile or Cingular. All of them have a profit first, service second mentality and could give 2 sh*ts about your over all experience these days.

C-2
    So, did you?
    No, I didn't want to hassle losing my 10 yr old number thru a porting mixup. I figured all the companies are the same, as Boozer has confirmed-above.

boater72
    No, I've been out of contract for a few years now.
    But here's what gets me...I'm a man of my word, if I say I'm going to do something there's going to be a darn good reason why it (may not) happen.
    I simply would expect Verizon Wireless to look a bit further into this besides giving me the hand off.
    I simply would expect Verizon Wireless to look into this a bit more before giving me the hand off, an 8+ year long customer at that.
    At some point a Company should be held accountable for it's employees actions.
    I am the same way as you (I'm a man of my word) but theyare not, and I am a 12 + years with them and the company they bought.

boater72
    Cell phone companies have grown to big for their britches. They now know that they have the consumer by the balls and their customer service is proof positive of exactly that. The big cell phone carriers now have the mindset that you need their service more then they need your business so if you have a problem you can go elsewhere. I no longer work in the industry for exactly this reason.
    If it's not Verizon giving it to you in the a$$ it will be T-Mobile or Cingular. All of them have a profit first, service second mentality and could give 2 sh*ts about your over all experience these days.
    Have found this to be true also as they seem to have a charge for everything now days that they never did before. It's like now they are all equal which is in a bad way. I have never really had any big problems with verizon.

HammerDown
    Did you get that 15 day offer in writing?
    all words were exchanged between me and one Verision Rep in particular over the course of 3 days via phone, prior to me doing this "free trial"/test with a new phone and service.
    I know I'm screwed, and it's not so much the measly amount of money, it's more about someone meaning what they say and saying what they mean. And a large Company putting their foot up an employees ass for BS'ing a customer.:burningm:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast