Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verizon Wireless WTF...?

havaduner
    Cell phone companies have grown to big for their britches. They now know that they have the consumer by the balls and their customer service is proof positive of exactly that. The big cell phone carriers now have the mindset that you need their service more then they need your business so if you have a problem you can go elsewhere. I no longer work in the industry for exactly this reason.
    If it's not Verizon giving it to you in the a$$ it will be T-Mobile or Cingular. All of them have a profit first, service second mentality and could give 2 sh*ts about your over all experience these days.
    So what about this new providor "Voche" or something like that. They advertise no contracts, no termination fees and great customer service. Anybody know anything about them?

havaduner
    No, I didn't want to hassle losing my 10 yr old number thru a porting mixup. I figured all the companies are the same, as Boozer has confirmed-above.
    Yeah, I was being more of a smartA$$ than anything. They know its more of a hassle than its worth for you to change.

Boozer
    So what about this new providor "Voche" or something like that. They advertise no contracts, no termination fees and great customer service. Anybody know anything about them?
    For 1K to start your service and $400 a month I'd expect great customer service!!
    "Most MVNO wireless carriers aim their wares at teens with limited budgets, but a new carrier called Voce is taking a different tack. With membership costing $400 per month after a whopping $1000 sign-up fee, Voce offers a few unique handsets (like the leather-wrapped Moto RAZR pictured here), annual device upgrades, unlimited domestic calling, a concierge service that will send someone to your office if you have trouble with your phone, and a travel service. The company, which operates on Cingular's network, opened its L.A. service area yesterday. New York and San Francisco will launch by the end of this year, with nationwide service coming in 2007."

lalhc
    I have been in the wireless industry for over 18 years and it still ticks me off when reps do not back up their word. Even if it was a mistake that you received a charge they should remove it immediately.
    Boozer is correct about the large wireless corporations - all they care about is their profit, and that is why I left Sprint/Nextel as a National Account Manager last year and branched out on my own. I find it very rewarding to be able to service my nationwide customers on my own and better than under a corporate title.

HammerDown
    So are there any people with some POWER here with Verizon Wireless?
    Before I go Kill Bill on someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12