Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Counter tops. Granite, Granite Transformations, or other?

RaceFace
    that sounds good..... Granite sucks.... we have it in the bathrooms and kitchen, the crap sucks...... you have to seal it maybe once a year..... but what sucks is even when sealed..... it sucks to roll out cookies on..... have to flour the crap out of it..... it looks good, but if you use your kitchen to actually bake, cook, prepare.... it sucks..... the only beni is you can set hot crap on it with no worries...... some cut on it, that only makes you have to seal it more often......
    Yeah, you can do the same with Silestone. I keep getting yelled at for cutting on the counter with our "good knives". She's right....they're all dull now!

Screemy1
    true true.... kill the sharpness of your knives........

riverroyal
    that sounds good..... Granite sucks.... we have it in the bathrooms and kitchen, the crap sucks...... you have to seal it maybe once a year..... but what sucks is even when sealed..... it sucks to roll out cookies on..... have to flour the crap out of it..... it looks good, but if you use your kitchen to actually bake, cook, prepare.... it sucks..... the only beni is you can set hot crap on it with no worries...... some cut on it, that only makes you have to seal it more often......
    ive had it in 3 homes,never a sealing issue.If you do seal it ,it takes like 20 minutes.Use granite gold cleaner from costco,works great
    ceasar stone is just like silestone,ive heard its better

Nordic35Flame
    I have granite transformations on my kitchen counter tops, and both upstairs bathrooms counters. That stuff kicks ass, and it half the price, stronger, and won't stain like natural granite.

OliverM5
    My father sells quartz countertop from Italy called "Eurostone" - same material as Ceasarstone, but much nicer designs and colors. Check out the website and ask for "George" and tell him Oliver sent ya.
    www.eurostone.us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12