Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: algore uses 20X the electricity of a normal home....

Steve 1
    Al Gore's Real Love Canal Connection: His Father was Chairman of the Board that caused the mess!!!
    Politics/Elections Breaking News News
    Source: Newsmax
    Published: 12/7/99 Author: Newsmax
    Posted on 12/06/1999 23:43:49 PST by Thanatos
    Tuesday December 7, 1:54 AM
    Al Gore's Real Love Canal Connection
    Vice President Al Gore sufffered a well deserved media thrashing last week after he falsely tried to claim credit for 1978's Love Canal clean-up. Now it turns out, Gore's family may have had more to do with creating that environmental nightmare than actually fixing it.
    "I found a little place in upstate New York called Love Canal. I had the first hearing on that issue," Gore told a New Hampshire high school audience last Tuesday. "That was the one that started it all."
    True enough, Gore did have the first Congressional hearing on Hooker Chemical Plant's toxic landfill, adjacent to the now infamous Love Canal residential area. But Gore didn't get into the act until two months after President Jimmy Carter declared Love Canal a disaster area, complete with a federal evacuation of the neighborhood's inhabitants.
    Still, perhaps Gore deserves credit of another sort. At the time Love Canal was in the headlines daily, Hooker Chemical was actually owned by Occidental Chemical Corporation. Oxy Chem was forced to cough up nearly $130 million to cover the fed's clean-up of the acreage Hooker had turned into wasteland. Oxy Chem's parent company is, of course, Occidental Petroleum -- owned at the time by the late Armand Hammer.
    After the mainstream press gets finished toasting Gore's entry onto the presidential field at exclusive soirees such as the one hosted by ABC's John Cochran last weekend, a journalist or two might just recall that Hammer had a protege in the U.S. Senate. He was none other than the Vice President's father, Tennessee Senator Al Gore, Sr.
    In fact, the VP's dad actually served for a time as chairman of the board for Hammer's company. It is said that much of the Gore family's wealth derived from its Hammer connection. The Gore-Hammer link was once so widely recognized that some even referred to Gore Sr. as "the distinguished senator from Occidental."
    And so while the Vice President may not deserve credit for Love Canal's clean-up, he does have very real ties to the company responsible for that most notorious of all environmental disasters.

steelcomp
    Facts have been posted so many times and ignored I wouldn't post them if you lied and said you'd read them. We all know you'd just google the author and try to find some slander you can divert the subject with. I think it's fine that you believe war is better then peace. That you believe fossil fuels will last forever. And I am especially thrilled you have zero knowledge of the polar caps or any other fact ridden nuance of global warming or the greenhouse effect. It only supports what I already knew about you. But hey, it's worth bringing up about every 3 months for a laugh. If you ruin the earth no one will be around to blame you and if the Dem's fix it you'll just say you set the policy forward and they followed your lead. You can't lose. Enjoy that big 'ol head.
    There are few (actually zero) "facts" supporting the global warnming alarmist's claims of gloom and doom. "Fact" is, the earth has been warmer than it is now, and the polar caps didn't melt then, and they're not going to melt now. There is some evidence of ice reduction in some areas, but there is evidence of more ice in others. In some areas the permafrost is actually thickening.
    20 years ago the "global warming" experts all claimed that we only had 10-20 years to get this under control, or we were doomed!!
    It hasn't changed since then. Now they've changed their strategery and say global warming will go on for a thousand years!! :notam:
    Didn't the left use the same doom and gloom scare tactics against Regan, claiming we were all done for, and that he was a "cowboy with his finger on the trigger" and that he was going to get us all killed in a nuclear holocaust with the Soviets? Weren't there the same kinds of storys then about children who were scared to death because of the left's fear mongering? Just like today...you hear about kids who can't sleep because they're afraid they're going to be drown by melting ice caps! (This is no BS...teachers are teacing this in schools) Just more of the libs brainwashing their captive audience.

Schiada76
    Enough of this global warming hysteria.
    Can't we all get back to the truth, like "Silent Spring" and the "Population Bomb".
    I mean well, hell just because they turned out to be liberal lies in the sixties doesn't mean they aren't true now, right?
    I'm sure poser can come up with plenty of "facts" proving those dogmatic liberal texts also can't he?

steelcomp
    Can't we all get back to the truth, like "Silent Spring" and the "Population Bomb".
    I mean well, hell just because they turned out to be liberal lies in the sixties doesn't mean they aren't true now, right?
    I'm sure poser can come up with plenty of "facts" proving those dogmatic liberal texts also can't he?
    LOL...we're waiting...

Steve 1
    Read the last sentence and then add the three trillion barrels of Oil we have to it!
    Bush statement heartens coal industry
    Natural gas problems, growing energy concerns raise promise of resurrection after Clinton era
    The Patriot-News
    Sunday, March 18, 2001
    WASHINGTON -- The difference between White House administrations were stark last week when President Bush reversed course and abandoned a campaign pledge to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
    "It would have been the death knell for coal," said John Grasser of the National Mining Association. "We are pleased, there is no question about it."
    Coal and oil industry leaders maintain it is too soon to assess the administration, but they are brimming with optimism these days. "We have our wish list," Grasser said.
    The promotion of clean coal technology earned a passing note in Bush's address to a joint session of Congress, but during an interview last week he said promotion of coal and technology to produce systems that reduce pollutants will be a part of his energy policy.
    "Part of the strategy has got to include coal and clean coal technology," Bush said during an interview with The Patriot-News and several regional newspapers. "Fifty percent of the energy right now in America, 50 percent of the energy that powers our electrical plants is from coal. So it's a major component, a major part of our energy mix right now. We've got to provide money to enhance clean coal technologies."
    Democrats and their allies called last year's GOP presidential ticket the Big Oil pairing because of Bush's and Vice President Dick Cheney's industry ties, but coal industry officials see an ally in the White House. Natural gas, which has been used increasingly to fuel electric utilities -- and not the oil industry -- is coal's greatest rival, according to industry officials.
    Coal barons like John W. Rich Jr., president of Waste Management Processors Inc. in Frackville and the owner of several other area coal companies, expect Bush to be more supportive than the Clinton administration.
    "Here's a guy from an oil state talking about $2 billion ... that's great," said Rich, who is seeking federal assistance for a $300 million proposal to turn anthracite coal into diesel fuel that could cost $1.10 per gallon.
    The budget outline sent to Congress last month calls for restructuring the clean coal technology program and providing $2 billion over the next 10 years to improve the environmental effect of coal use. But it offers few details and industry officials and members of Congress said the administration has not shared its plans.
    It's already drawing skeptics on Capitol Hill.
    "It's a shell game," said an aide to a coal state senator, noting Bush's proposal would pay for the program with money from the Clean Coal Technology fund and would redirect money from the Fossil Energy Research and Development Account used to fund non-coal research.
    The U.S. Department of Energy was more responsive to Rich's queries during the past couple years, but like many in the coal industry he found the Clinton administration mostly hostile and unhelpful.
    "They wouldn't even say the word coal," he said. "All they would say is natural gas."
    Critics see Bush's decision on carbon dioxide emissions as a blatant capitulation to an industry that heavily supported Republicans. The coal mining industry contributed more than $3.8 million to parties and candidates in the 1999-2000 election cycle -- three times what it gave in 1995-96 -- with 88 percent going to Republicans, according to an analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics.
    About 1.1 billion tons of coal was mined last year nationally, with about 80 percent to 90 percent consumed by electric utilities. Coal-fueled power plants generate about 52 percent of the electricity nationally and 60 percent in Pennsylvania.
    But, about 95 percent of new power plants planned for the next 10-15 years are expected to be fueled by natural gas in part because of environmental concerns prompted by Clinton efforts to regulate plant emissions.
    "The last eight years here we've seen the Clinton-Gore administration rule with a pretty Draconian regulatory policy," said Grasser. "We think they did a lot of things to do whatever they could to kill coal and mining."
    But with natural gas now costing five times more than coal, the California energy crisis and a supportive White House, many coal industry leaders think utilities may rethink the shift to gas. They also cite the need for new pipelines to transport gas and the need for new exploration as additional troubles facing the natural gas industry.
    The coal industry and government estimated the United States has a 250- to 300-year supply of coal at present consumption levels.

rrrr
    Don't forget the global cooling and next Ice Age alarmists of the 70's. Boy, things changed fast, didn't they?
    Good thing that Rachel Carson exposed bad ol' DDT for what it was....otherwise those 4 million Africans malaria kills every year would need to be fed.....

Poster X
    There are few (actually zero) "facts" supporting the global warnming alarmist's claims of gloom and doom. "Fact" is, the earth has been warmer than it is now, and the polar caps didn't melt then, and they're not going to melt now. There is some evidence of ice reduction in some areas, but there is evidence of more ice in others. In some areas the permafrost is actually thickening.
    20 years ago the "global warming" experts all claimed that we only had 10-20 years to get this under control, or we were doomed!!
    It hasn't changed since then. Now they've changed their strategery and say global warming will go on for a thousand years!! :notam:
    Didn't the left use the same doom and gloom scare tactics against Regan, claiming we were all done for, and that he was a "cowboy with his finger on the trigger" and that he was going to get us all killed in a nuclear holocaust with the Soviets? Weren't there the same kinds of storys then about children who were scared to death because of the left's fear mongering? Just like today...you hear about kids who can't sleep because they're afraid they're going to be drown by melting ice caps! (This is no BS...teachers are teacing this in schools) Just more of the libs brainwashing their captive audience.
    Kudo's. Thanks to your post I finally get to use the word malarky. Your post is almost entirely sensationalist and opinion. In other words.. total malarky.

nodigg
    Those Hypocrit Dems on Oscar night were sickening. Showing up in there limos, sitting in an air conditioned auditorium for what 8 hours? patting themselves on the back, then going out all night long burning up more clean air in their limos before flying home in their private planes...........

steelcomp
    Kudo's. Thanks to your post I finally get to use the word malarky. Your post is almost entirely sensationalist and opinion. In other words.. total malarky. Sensationalist and malarky...trademarks of the left if ever there were any. Those are pretty big words for you PX...I have two more words for ya...
    Prove it.

HM
    Pretty typical for liberals to know what is best for us, but doesn't apply to them. Not sure what everyone is worked up about.
    I like how DiCaprio says he is against Global Warming....like he has a choice....it is kind like being against the sunrise. If DiCaprio ran for miss america, he would fail the intellectual requirements. I think that there is credible evidence that there is global warming....it has been that way since the last ice age. Falls under the heading of "duh." I am just wondering what the next "Sky is falling" topic will be? Do you think they can successfully shift to global cooling, or do they need some type of transition global dilema?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast