Thread: Boat Shows

SGettmann
    How was the LA boat show?? Had to be more exciting than the Spokane Boat show. When it came to performance boats, Baja was the only representation. I saw allot of aluminum jetboats for steel head fishing, lots of family based cabin cruisers, and your overkill wake board boat - which was the closest thing I could find to a V-Drive. Also got into a little debate on the performance boat capital, whether it's Southern Cal-Havasu based or Florida. After making my key points, I decided to be humble and that debating was worthless for eather side.
    I did see some 19" wheels on some tournament boat trailer with LED lights that I liked - minus he tournament boat.
    Nothing on performance motors. Very limited on the performance boating side.
    CircleJerk and Washington crew - give your feedback, but any photos from the LA boat show on tricked out stuff would be appreciated.

olbiezer
    that sounds like a real boat show compared to the jackson boat and rv show......never new they made so many flat bottom alum bass boats.......about 50 bass boats 3 ski boats and 50 rv's......i was embarrased to say i paid to get in...... :yuk:

SGettmann
    I remember going to the LA boat show in the late 70's and early 80's with my dad. I seem to remember nothing but performance race boats, flat bottoms, hydros, and off shore boats. At that time, there was also marine stadium, which drove up interest.

Riverkid
    My take on LA this year was "V-10". Everybody seemed to have them rigged up. We walked through pretty fast, except when certain parties were bothering the "help" at the NWSRA booth, and once we had left we all pretty much decided at once "Hey, we didn't see one jet pump!"...
    Not one. No six drives, either. A couple B-Max setups, a s-canload of Imco's, and Bravo's everywhere...
    The 800EFI in the Schiada 24' was pretty stout... The V-12's in the 43' amazing. Oh, and that Dick Vale paint on the 32'? Wow.

GNKid
    The gal in the Ski Race Booth gets "Best of Show". The show was disappointing as always. Just big dump boats with all the same parts. They didn't even have a fast outboard in the whole show.

h2oski2fast
    The gal in the Ski Race Booth gets "Best of Show". The show was disappointing as always. Just big dump boats with all the same parts. They didn't even have a fast outboard in the whole show.
    I never even saw a chick in that booth?

Riverkid
    Trav's got a dinner date...