Thread: Pioneer Boats

QuickCheetah
    Anyone know anything about Pioneer Jets? I found one turnkey and for a good price.

QuickCheetah
    No one knows anything about these boats!!!!

QuickJet
    A friend of mine had one. I was surprised how slow it was for all the work that was done to it. It was his first boat and he beat the shitt out of the thing. By the end of his first summer owning it he cracked the thing up to pieces. Could of been a nice in boat if in the right hands

There is a guy on Banderlog with a Pioneer. Nice boat and runs pretty decent. He goes by engine 3157?. I don't remember his board name for sure. Go to Banderlog and post. He will respond.

squirt

Pioneer Boats were built here in Atascadero in the 70's to very early 80's by Steve & Kim Hall. Steves shop was less than 500' from where our JBP shop is now and the interiors and lettering were done in one of my shop moduals . The boats were rigged by another friend of mine locally as well.Steve in my opinion built very high quality full stringer Glass and few Kevlar boats 18's 20's and even a 18 "outlaw" which had a "molded in" setback pump (and setback deck) . He had a couple very competetive Comp jet boats including my best buddy Greg Stark who was a NJBA CompJet record holder in "Squirtin for Certain" (mid 80's). I've owned/sold 3,an Outlaw,an 18'SK and a 20'Mini cruiser over the years all nice boats. Pioneer, closed in the 80's due to reasons I won't go into.The boats had some strong similarities to other great hulls of the era like Eliminator and Southwind & Bahner. Thanks Tom

pce680
    In 1978 ,I raced against a Pioneer Jet boat in NDBA Comp Jet.It was called "Country CooKin".
    I think John Rennie or Jim Kuckledge drove it.It ran very well and was hard to bet.

John (Renne) is a friend of ours. He came in last Saturday afternoon to hang out and "bench race" for a while. He was trying to find a machine shop close to my place to pick up "Hammer" (owns a older Ray Capaldi flat driven by Mike Torgeson) I could be wrong but I think at that time John at that time was driving "Low Rider" (the Miller Comp jet) I'll ask him next time I see him. Again my memory is foggy but I think Niel Kline from Atascadero was still in "Country Cookin"! Nice to Know there's somebody else out there that remembers this old trivia too ! Anyhow I've always respected Pioneers I have a memory of a Time when Stark drove the 400 lb rag hull "Squirtin" to my dock at Naciemento at about dusk one summer nite and simply said "go make a blast" I came back after 1 hard run ,heart pounding and never looked back ,been hooked ever since Tom

pioneer owner

My father and i own a 78' mini name Country Cruzin, she's yellow and white. He has had her since 81, bought it from his couzin who originally owned it since day one. Very fun boat weve recently designed our own seating and engine cover. Ive never heard of Country Cookin id put some pics up but im having trouble figuring out how.