Thread: Holley Carb

Bradf
    Where do you find the model number of the carb you have on a holley? Just curious as to whats on my boat!

Moneypitt
    IF it still has a choke horn it will have numbers on the upper right side. The number you need is the "list" number, usually 4 digits, like 4776, or 3310-2, etc. If the choke horn is milled off it gets a little harder to ID, like damm near impossible without alot of precision measurments and a flow bench......MP

GofastRacer
    It should be on the metering block also, but if the carb is not "original" then it's not reliable!..

Devilman
    IF it still has a choke horn it will have numbers on the upper right side. The number you need is the "list" number, usually 4 digits, like 4776, or 3310-2, etc. If the choke horn is milled off it gets a little harder to ID, like damm near impossible without alot of precision measurments and a flow bench......MP
    The Holley carb on my boat is like that. When going about getting a rebuild kit for it, I had to use the number on the metering block. What would be the point in that, removing the choke horn? Clearance issues?
    Also, I had been told the carb was an 850. The guy I was talking to about the kit says the number I gave him, 4776, reveals that its a 750. Is that correct?

GofastRacer
    The Holley carb on my boat is like that. When going about getting a rebuild kit for it, I had to use the number on the metering block. What would be the point in that, removing the choke horn? Clearance issues?
    Also, I had been told the carb was an 850. The guy I was talking to about the kit says the number I gave him, 4776, reveals that its a 750. Is that correct?
    A 4776 is a 600 double pumper, but as I mentioned before if it's not all original the metering block could have been changed. One way to tell is to measure the venturis and the throttle bores!. Pri venturi= 1 1/4" Sec Venturi= 1 5/16". Pri throttle bore= 1 9/16" Sec throttle bore= 1 9/16". Milling the choke horn increases air flow, also makes it easier to access the squiters!...

Devilman
    A 4776 is a 600 double pumper, but as I mentioned before if it's not all original the metering block could have been changed. One way to tell is to measure the venturis and the throttle bores!. Pri venturi= 1 1/4" Sec Venturi= 1 5/16". Pri throttle bore= 1 9/16" Sec throttle bore= 1 9/16". Milling the choke horn increases air flow, also makes it easier to access the squiters!...
    Now I'm curious. Wish I had it here in front of me. No idea about the history of this carb. The motor had a 750 vac. secondary Edelbrock on it till I put the motor in my boat. Linkage was different & wouldn't work with my cable so I went with the Holley. The whole time I was worried about how it would run with that bigass carb on it. Turns out I worried for nothing. Guess I'll find out more about it when we take it apart.... Thanks for the info!