Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: water methanol injection/nitrous on roots blower

IMPATIENT 1
    i know, i know.discussed lots of times in other threads but not by people who've actually ran a roots blower.i did a search and came up with lots of guys here runnin it on turbos/centri. chargers, but couldn't find 1 member runnin a roots set-up. is it crap or does it work on roots blower too?
    would it allow full timing curve at 7-9lbs boost levels with alum heads, good race fuel?add an hp?
    how about nitrous systems on blowers? say your bottom end will handle @1200 and the mill actually put out around 800hp, sticking dual plates with 100hp in each plate? would it require a retard box or just small removal of timing due to cooling the intake charge? i never really read of anyone doin it for just racing. big kaboom or to risky?
    i'm gonna miss nitrous alittle and it'd be nice to spray alittle for 1-2 seconds outta the hole to keep up with the guys runnin big shots of nitrous.
    just curious on the subjects.not much info found in searches thru old threads.thanks

DMOORE
    Plenty of hot rods out there running nitrous with roots set-ups. As far as timing goes, backing off a few degrees should do the trick. Blower motors usually do not run too much advance to begin with anyways.
    Darrell.

sanger rat
    I think water injection would be a better way to go than a innercooler. The kits with the controller is pretty slick. I decided when I up the boost I'm going to go with the cooling mist 150 psi kit with dual nozzles. http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...controllerkit2

IMPATIENT 1
    I think water injection would be a better way to go than a innercooler. The kits with the controller is pretty slick. I decided when I up the boost I'm going to go with the cooling mist 150 psi kit with dual nozzles. http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...controllerkit2
    that's what i've been looking at and was wondering if they'd work on a blown lake boat? i figured it sucked up 2-3gallons on a long day at the lake.

Daytona100
    I have a complete kit for sale. Pump all lines and solenoids also a undercarb holley plate with replaceable jets. Also there 4qt resoivior. 200.00 + shipping.

sanger rat
    that's what i've been looking at and was wondering if they'd work on a blown lake boat? i figured it sucked up 2-3gallons on a long day at the lake.
    I talked to one guy that was running 10-1cr with 15# boost using pump gas. He use one gallon of water/meth per 30 gallons of gas. The water cools the air and the meth increase the octane.

IMPATIENT 1
    I talked to one guy that was running 10-1cr with 15# boost using pump gas. He use one gallon of water/meth per 30 gallons of gas. The water cools the air and the meth increase the octane.
    i'm at 9 to 1 and i was jus hunting more power, have you herd any negatives about the injection? i'd like to run race fuel and a full 36 degrees of timing on race days to stay up with nitrous boats outta the hole.

sanger rat
    With WI to can put more boost and timing to the motor and still run pump gas. I have not heard any negatives. 500 for and WI kit verses 2000 for a innercooler. You can buy a lot of windshield washer fluid for 1500 bucks.

IMPATIENT 1
    With WI to can put more boost and timing to the motor and still run pump gas. I have not heard any negatives. 500 for and WI kit verses 2000 for a innercooler. You can buy a lot of windshield washer fluid for 1500 bucks.
    man, that's no joke! store across from wally world sells 40 below fluid for $.75 a gallon, methanol mixed 70%methanol, 30%water.the washer fluid is still cheaper than pump swill

Run_em_Hard
    It was mentioned about running it on a centrifical(sp?) charger...can this run with a intercooler? Also there are alot of people that run this on diesels and gain 100hp on a good setup. Do these gains happen at all with supercharged gas motors???

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast