Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: water methanol injection/nitrous on roots blower

TIMINATOR
    A properly designed and built 454 will want 34 deg timing,intercooled and on 87 pump crap, at 10+ lbs. boost.For the nitrous questions, go to ***boat the magazine, there was a nitrous article there last summer. Alky/water inj. is for the 20+ lb boost turbo crowd. Get the intercooler. Do it right the first time or pay to do it over. Everybody uses what WORKS, look around. Ya wanna be different, its gonna cost ya in broken stuff and lousy perf., or you might get lucky....... TIMINATOR

Smitty19
    timinator
    a little off the water injection topic but wanted toget your take on the timing I'm running I'm runnig a 555 about 8.6 comp. 1471 blowershop intercooler 13% over makes 10 lbs of boost I usualy add 30% 110 to 92 to be safe I did this before the intercooler as well but I only run 30degs. timing locked I'am I giving much up? even when we dynoed the motor the guy didn't want to up the timing, didn't want to be responsibile ect so I let it go whats your take? or anyone that is knowledgeable on this

TIMINATOR
    I run 34 locked dist, and 11 psi intercooled on my 565. 8.2 comp,pro 1 alums. and a steady diet of 87 swill.I run 30/70 av to reg in the left tank, but only use that when the temp is over 110 and I'm floggin it. Straight regular the rest of the time. Plugs are champion racing I think 57s. The extra timing probably won't be worth a mile an hour or so. I have run mine higher, but no discernable gains. TIMINATOR

earlbrown
    If anybody want's to read up on alcohol injection we spend a LOT of time working on that stuff on our Grand Nationals.
    http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/fo...c&daysprune=-1

Smitty19
    Thats the flow I got from the builder and its running so good now though I hate to change anything (like running straight pump)I'm in it most of the time, I'mgoing to play with it a little I have that fast o2 set up that I can use, make the adjustment see if it goes lean and makes a difference or not and try that with straight pump and see what says, But did you ever run 30degs? to see if
    it was noticeable or does it just seem happest there? what size blower you run ?
    thanks for the input.

TIMINATOR
    It likes 34 deg, I have a teflon and nylatron, delta discharge, 14-71. TIMINATOR

nOv1c3
    yes, but that wouldn't be near as cool as a blower with nitrous on it too
    the water/methanol set-up allows you to make gobs of power on pump gas, its cheap on the wallet and lets the blower mill work cooler.
    I see your point , But you do know what they say ? Botles are for babies

IMPATIENT 1
    I see your point , But you do know what they say ? Botles are for babies
    may be true, but i know some mutha__uking fast babies i'm still looking into the water/methanl set-ups, just wish i had someone with 1st hand knowledge and pics of a dual carb roots set-up give up some info

1968Droptop
    i'm still looking into the water/methanl set-ups, just wish i had someone with 1st hand knowledge and pics of a dual carb roots set-up give up some info
    I know my buddy is going to install it this year. He's running a 598 Merlin III at 9:1 on 92. He's planning on 7-8 lbs. of boost. I'm about to take the blown plunge myself, and the water/meth seems like an easy way to keep the engine alive on pump gas.
    Timinators post about how it's only for the guys running big boost makes me wonder why ? Is the amount injected not regulated ? Why wouldn't a smaller amount injected with smaller boost not have the same effect ?

IMPATIENT 1
    I know my buddy is going to install it this year. He's running a 598 Merlin III at 9:1 on 92. He's planning on 7-8 lbs. of boost. I'm about to take the blown plunge myself, and the water/meth seems like an easy way to keep the engine alive on pump gas.
    Timinators post about how it's only for the guys running big boost makes me wonder why ? Is the amount injected not regulated ? Why wouldn't a smaller amount injected with smaller boost not have the same effect ?
    drop, you've got alot of the same questions rattling around in your heads as i do. just can't seem to get any 1st hand experience from roots guys doin it. i bought a btm msd box to regulate timing under boost, sure be nice to set it at 36-38degrees total and use the btm and water/methanol set-up to keep from detonating. i want to see some numbers on a dual carb'd roots blown mill with w/methanol set-up on a dyno!! really see what its doin.i've searched the web till i was sick of it, no good tech reports on our applications i can find.
    yes, the good kits regulate flow while under boost, i like em but the cost is rite next to a dual plate no2 kit, sumthings gotta convince me it'll work before i drop dime into a kit myself.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast