Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: water methanol injection/nitrous on roots blower

1968Droptop
    drop, you've got alot of the same questions rattling around in your heads as i do. just can't seem to get any 1st hand experience from roots guys doin it. i bought a btm msd box to regulate timing under boost, sure be nice to set it at 36-38degrees total and use the btm and water/methanol set-up to keep from detonating. i want to see some numbers on a dual carb'd roots blown mill with w/methanol set-up on a dyno!! really see what its doin.i've searched the web till i was sick of it, no good tech reports on our applications i can find.
    yes, the good kits regulate flow while under boost, i like em but the cost is rite next to a dual plate no2 kit, sumthings gotta convince me it'll work before i drop dime into a kit myself.
    I have a LOT of questions rattling around in my head LOL !
    Keep an ear on this thread, I'll bend my buddy's ear and see what he knows. He's not a big computer guy, so I'll be the pivot man (did I just say that out loud LOL). He's been around blown engines n boats for ever. He's always been a locked in at 32 guy, for longevity sake. The extra couple of degrees was never worth hurting the engine, or the extra 2 mph it gained to him. He's raced, and laked his boat(s), and had good luck with making the engines last. He's going with water/meth injection this year, but up here in the N/W we don't get the boats wet for another couple of months.

IMPATIENT 1
    i'm locking out my timing too, but for every lb of boost, my btm box willl remove timing at whatever setting i have it on(1-3degrees per lb of boost, up to 15degrees total retard).
    we don't get much run time around here either, i'm always putting my boat back together in mid may, doin it again this yr. but its gonna be a real step up from what i shoe'd last season:devil:

1968Droptop
    I'm running a Mallory High Fyre VI this year. My first experience with one. It has boost retard options up too 20*. Another buddy has been running one for many years trouble free. I liked the fact it has a digital display, and a tach test function.
    The weather here SUCKS !!!!!! Been raining for 6 months straight it seems. But think of it the way we do, if it was 70* and sunny every day, you'd never appriciate it And it gives us 6 month to fix/improve our boats

1968Droptop
    ......its gonna be a real step up from what i shoe'd last season:devil:
    What are going from and to ???

IMPATIENT 1
    What are going from and to ???
    from nitrous fed bbf taylor sj 12je(doin all it could) to blown bbc condor tx-19 dominator pump

1968Droptop
    from nitrous fed bbf taylor sj 12je(doin all it could) to blown bbc condor tx-19 dominator pump
    That's quite a change allright . Sounds like me, I'm going from an `18 Sanger Custom Sprint BBF (stock), to a `94 Daytona w/a 521 BBF, now going blown .
    I spoke with my buddy today. He got all his info directly from BDS tech. They're telling him it'll work great with his setup, similar to what we're talking about. Maybe give 'em a shout and see what they have to say ? LMK if you do, and what they tell you. GL !!!

IMPATIENT 1
    That's quite a change allright . Sounds like me, I'm going from an `18 Sanger Custom Sprint BBF (stock), to a `94 Daytona w/a 521 BBF, now going blown .
    I spoke with my buddy today. He got all his info directly from BDS tech. They're telling him it'll work great with his setup, similar to what we're talking about. Maybe give 'em a shout and see what they have to say ? LMK if you do, and what they tell you. GL !!!
    i might try a kit before i do any more thinking about nitrous. i quit nitrous because it so hard to get around here, and burning thru 100 in race fuel , 50 buck bottle a nitrous a day get's expensive!!! methanol is readily available here at the dirt track and i can buy in small quantities too. what did bds till him to do as far as injector placement and so on?

IMPATIENT 1
    ok, i called cooling mist this mornin for more info on the kits. they said they've been selling the cheaper kits(@230 without tank , includes 2 injectors to put under each carb) and customers are having great luck with em. said 1 roots blown guy is runnin 9lbs of boost and 36 degress of timing on the cheap kit without progressive control, just turns on the boost switch at 4-5psi boost. i may go ahead and try a cheap kit, hell it might work!!!

1968Droptop
    ok, i called cooling mist this mornin for more info ......... i may go ahead and try a cheap kit, hell it might work!!!
    I hope it does, becuase I'm going to run it as well. Someone's got to be a guinea pig, may as well be us :sqeyes:. Sounds like we'll both be up n running about the same time ??? GL Impatient1, hope it work out !

Unitek
    The meth kits on blower motors are great ! I put one on my blown 5 liter and picked up over 100 FWHP (flywheel horse power) with one.. with out the meth kit installed i was running : 306 efi sbf, vortech, h/c/i making 525hp at the rear wheels with 93 octane/16psi 19* total timing. I used a snow performance kit, 93 octane, 16psi/ 33* timing : 612 rwhp ! so calculating a 15% drivetrain loss:
    525 at the wheels = 603 at the flywheel
    612 at the wheels = 703 at the flywheel
    This stuff works !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast