Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where is the best place to hoist and engine from

Kerny
    i need to hoist the engine out of the boat, i have a cherry picker i just need to know were to connect the chain to.

HBjet
    I've done it several ways.
    1) I've removed 2 intake bolts on opposite sides (one in the front and one in the back) then attached the chain using longer bolts where I removed the original intake bolts.
    2) If the heads are off, you can attach the chain to 2 of the head bolts in opposite sides (again front and back) of the block too.
    I hope this helps!
    HBjet

Kerny

Kerny

Beautiful Noise
    You can buy a Leveler,Come's with 4 chain's that you bolt on the head's 2 front 2 back then when you start to lift the Motor out you can adjust the level or angle of the motor as you need to.Work's great if you have a Tunnel Ram but I alway's pull my Carb's Off first The other way's are as HBjet said.......Good Luck
    Steve

Unchained
    I lift the engine with nylon straps around the header tubes right up next to the heads.

HammerDown
    I gotta say I was a little more than nervous when my friend used a carb plate to pull my BBC W/Drive train. Worked out great.

eliminator777
    I spent$15.00 Bought lift plate it bolts to manifold were carb sets.it has 3 holes to pick with. if you can't do this use holes on end of head.1 back 1 front 1left side 1 right side

HBjet
    Unchained:
    I lift the engine with nylon straps around the header tubes right up next to the heads. I like that idea best, but not everyone's cherry picker can lift high enough to clear the hull. That is when the motor is still assembled!
    HBjet

HOSS
    Easiest way to get it out is to raise the boat. I`ve used a Stihl but a comparable saw will work with an agressive chain and cut the bottom out. Gravity will do all the work for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast