Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single Carb?????

pw_Tony
    You guys every deal with a single carb on a blower in a boat? Just an idead but I wanted to hear your guys pros and cons on the piece. Thanks

pw_Tony
    No info huh?

IMPATIENT 1
    blowers cram in more air, therefore it requires more fuel.if you can keep it from detonating with a single carb on a small displacement motor, by all mean go for it.if i ran a single carb and was plannin on more than 3-4lbs boost, the carb would be a boost referenced dominator fo sho!

pw_Tony
    blowers cram in more air, therefore it requires more fuel.if you can keep it from detonating with a single carb on a small displacement motor, by all mean go for it.if i ran a single carb and was plannin on more than 3-4lbs boost, the carb would be a boost referenced dominator fo sho!
    Well I have a 468 BBF and I was planning to run 4-5lbs of boost. My main concern is that a guy told me in a boat the dual carbs is essential to cool down the rotors with the gas flowing, with one carb in other words wouldn't cool the rotors enough to run in a boat. What do yah think that is true or a bunch of crap?

DMOORE
    A blown 468 is a LOT of motor for a single carb. You could get away with it on a smallblock, but I would think you would be way undercarbed on a 468. Like impatient said, a dominator would be the only carb that might work.
    Darrell.

pw_Tony
    A blown 468 is a LOT of motor for a single carb. You could get away with it on a smallblock, but I would think you would be way undercarbed on a 468. Like impatient said, a dominator would be the only carb that might work.
    Darrell.
    Thanks for the advise. It's a real, realy mild blower motor and I was just seeing if I could get away with one cabr so I didn't have to spend some more money. But if you experienced guys thinks it's not enough then I wont

VDRIVERACING
    Besides, why would you want one carb? Two look way more cool and attract twice as many babes. I mean, that IS why we do this, right???

DMOORE
    Besides, why would you want one carb? Two look way more cool and attract twice as many babes. I mean, that IS why we do this, right???
    You got it!
    Darrell.

pw_Tony
    I know if I had the money for dual carbs and gas I wouldn't think twice about it! There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of blower calibrated 750's with fuel lines, linkage, regulator, high rise adapter plate, and scoop for like $800 so far. You guys think that would be too much carb for a mild 468 BBF?

DMOORE
    I know if I had the money for dual carbs and gas I wouldn't think twice about it! There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of blower calibrated 750's with fuel lines, linkage, regulator, high rise adapter plate, and scoop for like $800 so far. You guys think that would be too much carb for a mild 468 BBF?
    With proper jetting I think it would work great for ya. Remember 468 cubes, is no mouse motor.
    Darrell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast