Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: what rockers are you guys running on your bbc

You'd be happy to know I already knew that, but thanks. I've talked with Jim (Dove) many times when I was building Cobras.
    spectator is spelled with an "o". Did I say I was going to spectate at the 300?? You might be a little nicer when a 17' Mandella passes you on the outside.
    ah don't be such a hater, look forward to seeing you at parker

Beer-30
    I ended up with 1.75 Scorpions. After research, I noticed they build for alot of other names. Boy, one look at the race series rockers and you see why they rate them for 800lbs. Pretty thick.

steelcomp
    ah don't be such a hater, look forward to seeing you at parker
    LOL...always meant in fun. Look forward to meeting you, as well.

steelcomp
    Jim Miller is quite the Ford nut (here goes Lakes again ) and so wouldn't ya know he and I have been very well acquainted for some time. He was awarded the patent for "mid-lift" geomtery decades ago and his rocker designs are extremely well thought out and made of quality materials. He is primarily a very high end rocker manufacturer that most people have not heard of, as his stuff is normally very pricey, innovative, and an out-of-the-box design.
    For reasons that I am not at liberty to say, last year Miller Engineering decidedly cut their ties with one of their primary distributors...and then offered High Flow Dynamics the remaining bulk of inventory of their PVS 1.8 ratio rockers. I put a "group deal" together with a team of business colleagues and we made a purchase. If you want 1.8 ratio Miller rockers on the cheap, we've got 'em and check this out:
    Miller Roller Rocker 1.8 Ratio (yes, the same manufacturer as the $2800 Miller Boss hemi rocker arms),
    Designed specifically to work with both BBC and BBF
    Rocker body made of 7075-T7 aircraft aluminum
    8620 billet steel trunnion axle which is rifle drilled for additional strength
    Beefy oversize pin on roller tip
    Generous rocker body material around the trunnion
    Tiny pushrod cup oiling hole so as to help control top end oiling
    Chromoly hammer forged polylocks (ie work hardened, not broached)
    Establishing proper pushrod length is a snap with the top measuring face on the rocker (instructions inlcuded).
    Complete set just $200
    I don't think there's a better rocker arm package for the money, as none of the other rockers offered at this price come with comparable materials composition or technology behind them. We install these on all of our ported D0VE head conversions with great success and 100% customer satisfaction.
    PM or call if interested,
    LONever miss an opportunity, eh, Lakes?
    I've spent a lot of time talking with Jim, and lerned a ton. He knows a lot more
    than just building rockers. I like his approach because he dosen't get cought up in the unnecessary details...he has a very fundamental approach to what he does. His products are on the best engines out there, and with a product like his, word of mouth is his best advertizing.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Jim Miller is quite the Ford nut (here goes Lakes again ) and so wouldn't ya know he and I have been very well acquainted for some time. He was awarded the patent for "mid-lift" geomtery decades ago and his rocker designs are extremely well thought out and made of quality materials. He is primarily a very high end rocker manufacturer that most people have not heard of, as his stuff is normally very pricey, innovative, and an out-of-the-box design.
    For reasons that I am not at liberty to say, last year Miller Engineering decidedly cut their ties with one of their primary distributors...and then offered High Flow Dynamics the remaining bulk of inventory of their PVS 1.8 ratio rockers. I put a "group deal" together with a team of business colleagues and we made a purchase. If you want 1.8 ratio Miller rockers on the cheap, we've got 'em and check this out:
    Miller Roller Rocker 1.8 Ratio (yes, the same manufacturer as the $2800 Miller Boss hemi rocker arms),
    Designed specifically to work with both BBC and BBF
    Rocker body made of 7075-T7 aircraft aluminum
    8620 billet steel trunnion axle which is rifle drilled for additional strength
    Beefy oversize pin on roller tip
    Generous rocker body material around the trunnion
    Tiny pushrod cup oiling hole so as to help control top end oiling
    Chromoly hammer forged polylocks (ie work hardened, not broached)
    Establishing proper pushrod length is a snap with the top measuring face on the rocker (instructions inlcuded).
    Complete set just $200
    I don't think there's a better rocker arm package for the money, as none of the other rockers offered at this price come with comparable materials composition or technology behind them. We install these on all of our ported D0VE head conversions with great success and 100% customer satisfaction.
    PM or call if interested,
    LO
    Are these rockers shaft mounted?????????? Thats a smoking deal!!!!!!

wickedfab
    https://www.competitionproducts.com/...s.asp?dept=114
    are these the miller you guys are talking about?
    they look super beefy around the trunnion area, and descent deal to.
    so
    miller al
    scorpion al
    crowers ss
    which would you choose keeping budget in mind

they look super beefy around the trunnion area, and descent deal to.
    so
    miller al
    scorpion al
    crowers ss
    which would you choose keeping budget in mind
    Ding Ding Ding
    That is where I ordered mine.

LakesOnly
    Are these rockers shaft mounted?????????? Thats a smoking deal!!!!!!They are a 7/16" stud mounted roller rocker. Quality american made shaft rockers start in the 4-figure range.
    LO

LakesOnly
    wickedfab,
    Some of them are, and some of them aren't. The rockers we are selling are like the ones offered for $199 through Competition Products, except that I think that ours are an even newer production run yet.
    There were several production runs of these rockers, and they were heavily revised after the 1st generation.
    The $149 rockers in the above link are the 1st generation rockers. There is some unfortunate history behind the lesser priced ($149) Miller rockers being sold in the link above. Stay away from them. They are 1st generation production pieces from an entirely different foundry (made around 1998) that Jim had to recall and rework, at the roller tip pin and/or at the trunnion. Many of these 1st Generation rocker bodies were destroyed and unsavable during the rework process. Based on what was described to me personally by the manufacturer, the $149 version are not suitable for our marine use. Jim Miller is a straight-up individual who will defend his company's reputation all the way to admitting when a mistake was made and having to recall the 1st Generation. He dropped Competition Products' distributor status when he learned that they were not openly revealing that the $149 rockers have been reworked.
    The rockers that we are selling are not those rockers. Our Miller PVS rockers are the later version from the back end of production that took place years later, meaning the very last that were ever made, totally revised, different foundry, brand new, as-manufactured, etc. They are identifiable by several ways, basically the finish, the color, and a few other features that the recalled 1st Generation rockers do not have. They originally retailed for $384/set and $310/Racer Net, and we are discounting them to just $200/set complete with chromoly polylocks.
    Incidentally, the second production run was around 2002, and Jim anodized these the bronze color as you see in the $199 rockers in the link above (by the way, did you notice there are no pictures of the $149 rockers?). The mistake that Jim admittedly made was that when the rocker was revised he did not change the part number. Since everyone recognized the part number and associated it with the 1998 defective rocker run, sales of the new awesome rocker were sluggish.
    All of Miller's recalled 1st Gen rockers have long sold out, most of them going to Competition Products. I told Jim that I'd buy out his remaining quality, later rockers and use them in builds, etc. And so, what we have for sale over here is the final run of the quality 1.8 ratio rockers, which is after the quality 2nd Generation bronze rockers. They are a light shiny silver-green ("ice green") in color that few have ever seen (not to be confused with the dark, flat peasoup-gray color of the reworked 1st Gen rockers). These quality "ice green" colored 1.8 ratio rocker sets never made it to market because the quality 2nd Generation bronze ones never completely sold out (we have a handful of those remaining ones, too). They are the later revised rocker with the better materials and characteristics.
    As a conscientious salesman, I go over these details with everyone that expresses interest and purchases a set or two, just as I'm sure Jim would like me to do anyway.
    Whether you buy from Competition Products or High Flow Dynamics is up to you, just be sure to buy the $199 rockers.
    Whew, y'all follow all that?
    LO

LakesOnly
    so
    miller al
    scorpion al
    crowers ss
    which would you choose keeping budget in mindI will choose the Miller 7075-T7 rockers with the 8620 bilet steel trunnion, thanks very much!
    Here's how they look when installed:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7Steves472.jpg
    LO

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast