Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: what rockers are you guys running on your bbc

LakesOnly
    Save me a set? Dmontzsta,
    Given the same amount of crankshaft rotation with a 1.8 ratio rocker versus a 1.7 (or 1.73), the valve will be further off the seat with the 1.8 rocker.
    Hell yes, we are putting these Miller rockers in your engine.
    LO

waterloged
    I bought a set of these rockers from Lakes, and they are bad ass!!

dmontzsta
    Dmontzsta,
    Given the same amount of crankshaft rotation with a 1.8 ratio rocker versus a 1.7 (or 1.73), the valve will be further off the seat with the 1.8 rocker.
    Hell yes, we are putting these Miller rockers in your engine.
    LO
    That ****er is going to thump with those miller rockers!

GofastRacer
    That ****er is going to thump with those miller rockers!
    Ya think!..

LakesOnly
    Okay, let's steer this thread back to a Gearheads theme.
    I have received a couple of "feedbacks" where others are trying to tell me that the rockers in the photo below don't SEEM to be set up correctly. What has been pointed out to me over and over is that all the rockers "SEEM to be set the same," and on the low side at that (based on the location of the polylock within the rocker body)...looks like the wrong pushrod lengths, etc. Look at the picture, all the rockers are positioned/angled the same:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7Steves472.jpg
    And I am tired of expalining myself, SO...
    Who here can tell the lovely audience why the valve train SEEMS to be set up incorrectly (although in reality everything is set up perfectly)?
    The first person to post the correct answer as to why it SEEMS this way gets:
    Ford Guys: Free oil pressure shim kit from High Flow Dynamics
    Chevy Guys: Free used 1.75" 7/16 roller rocker studs (Qty: just 8) for spairs
    Let the games begin,
    LO

bordsmnj
    ok, idiots first. i'm guessing that since the valves intake/exhuast are different sizes they are set up "different" to keep the rocker at the right angle to the top of the valve stem. i can't wait to hear the right answer though. that and the bottoms of the valve springs aren't at the same height. the bottoms of the studs are.

MikeF
    Must be some type of Ford magic......cause it still looks incorrect to me too.
    Worlds only .200 lift cam in a BBF?:devil:
    All the valves look to be in a closed position.
    Can't see how the midlift rockers are positioned and set up perfectly for the correct motion on that setup.
    Only thing I can think is that the cam is in a position where the lobes are not pushing up on the lifters.....something to do with firing order.
    :idea:

Beer-30
    Well, I am not a Ford guy at all, so my knowledge of their valvetrain is zip. That being said, it looks to me like the studs are "angled" toward the outside of the head. Even the rockers that are at rest have the stud close to the outside end of the stud/trunion valley.

1968Droptop
    Good reading here. Looking forward to seeing them on my engine Paul. Maybe I'll make a valve cover with a clear top so I can see them at all times, it'll be a shame to cover 'em up

LakesOnly
    First of all, Fiat, Gofast, Moneypitt, 'comp, Wannabe, etc. Thank you very much, gentlemen, for not tossing the answer out into the open.
    LO

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast