Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Appeals Court Overturns Gun Ban!

Boatcop
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030901063.html
    Be sure and take note of the dissenting opinion from one Appeals Court Judge:
    Judge Karen Henderson dissented, writing that the Second Amendment does not apply to the District of Columbia because it is not a state.
    Imagine that. A Judge on a Federal Appeals Court who rules that the Constitution doesn't apply to more than 550,000 Citizens of the United States. Or at least that a Court can pick and choose which ammendments to the US Constitution (including the Bill of Rights) should apply to whom.
    Also note comments by DC Mayor Adrian Fenty:
    "Today's decision flies in the face of gun laws that have helped decrease gun violence in the District of Columbia,"
    While homicides may have dropped (-45%) from 360 (1995) to 195 (2005)*, comparing the homicide rate between DC (Which has [had] the most stringent gun ownership restrictions in the nation) to Miami (which is a shall issue CCW permit State and few restrictions on gun ownership) shows that Miami has a much lower rate (per 100,000 population) of violent crime than DC. (2005)
    (*Nationally homicides dropped (-23%) from 21,610 to 16,692 in the same period)
    Murder: DC-35.4 Miami-13.9
    Forcible Rape: DC-29.97 Miami 15.97
    Robbery: DC-636.1 Miami-520
    There's no doubt that this will go to the full DC Appeals Court, and then on to the Supreme Court, which will be the first 2nd Ammendment case heard in nearly 70 years.

YeLLowBoaT
    ppl in DC could not even vote til the 70s...
    DC is a cesspool.

centerhill condor
    I hope this covers that lautenberg-schumer domestic violence act!

Boatcop
    Rio,
    I can agree with allot of what you say, but the distaff population doesn't have a monopoly on Rights grabbing.
    Lautenburg, Kennedy, Gore, Kerry, and a host of other hypocritical liberals (male and female alike) are doing everything they can to bastardize the Constitution for those of us god-fearing, tax-paying, law abiding citizens. All the while trying to grant the same rights they desire to take away from us, to terrorists held in overseas prisons and people in this Country illegally.
    It really makes me wonder what those people are thinking when they preach that one Ammendment (The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed) doesn't say what it plainly says, while also saying that another (the government shall establish no religion) means something that it doesn't (can't pray, wear a cross, display a nativity scene, say "Merry Christmas" etc. in school or on public property) or that the Constitution says that they can suck a living baby from it's mother's womb with a vacuum cleaner 2 minutes before it's born or as long as the head hasn't delivered, it's not a person and they can pierce its skull and suck its brains out, just for the convenience of the sperm recipticle. (I refuse to call some one like that a "mother", except when it has another word, that ends in "ucker", after it.)
    And before the resident libs start giving me the holy roller routine, I am not a religious person, haven't been to church in 30 years, and couldn't care less if someone wants to worship their beagle, if that's their thing.
    Having a sense of human decency doesn't make someone a religious zealot.

Ken F
    Well put Allan!
    Ken F

Old Texan
    Rio,
    I can agree with allot of what you say, but the distaff population doesn't have a monopoly on Rights grabbing.
    Lautenburg, Kennedy, Gore, Kerry, and a host of other hypocritical liberals (male and female alike) are doing everything they can to bastardize the Constitution for those of us god-fearing, tax-paying, law abiding citizens. All the while trying to grant the same rights they desire to take away from us, to terrorists held in overseas prisons and people in this Country illegally.
    It really makes me wonder what those people are thinking when they preach that one Ammendment (The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed) doesn't say what it plainly says, while also saying that another (the government shall establish no religion) means something that it doesn't (can't pray, wear a cross, display a nativity scene, say "Merry Christmas" etc. in school or on public property) or that the Constitution says that they can suck a living baby from it's mother's womb with a vacuum cleaner 2 minutes before it's born or as long as the head hasn't delivered, it's not a person and they can pierce its skull and suck its brains out, just for the convenience of the sperm recipticle. (I refuse to call some one like that a "mother", except when it has another word, that ends in "ucker", after it.)
    And before the resident libs start giving me the holy roller routine, I am not a religious person, haven't been to church in 30 years, and couldn't care less if someone wants to worship their beagle, if that's their thing.
    Having a sense of human decency doesn't make someone a religious zealot.
    Yes Sir.
    I don't care to discuss abortion as it inevitably turns into a "bash debate", but one thing I've always felt was that a woman using abortion as a form of birthcontrol should be "fixed" after her second one. This will eliminate the problem of her becoming pregnant again and as she has proven she wouldn't be a fit mother. After that if she matures mentally and wants a child, let her raise an adopted abandoned child. This could be helpful solving a couple "social Issues".

eliminatedsprinter
    All I can say say about this is.. It's about time.

cdog
    Boat cop, good job for relaying this message. People will take this info more seriously when it comes from a police officer like you.
    I just hope SCOTUS is prepared to handle this. It could unravel 70 yrs of un-constitutional gun laws or render our constitution useless.
    I’m ready to buy a couple of tax stamps…….NFA here I come…….

asch
    It could unravel 70 yrs of un-constitutional gun laws
    Let's hope so. That would be one small step toward restoration.

sintax
    Boat cop, good job for relaying this message. People will take this info more seriously when it comes from a police officer like you.
    I just hope SCOTUS is prepared to handle this. It could unravel 70 yrs of un-constitutional gun laws or render our constitution useless.
    I’m ready to buy a couple of tax stamps…….NFA here I come…….
    I'll bring a few beers so we can celebrate while waiting in to turn in our forms.
    For all that are interested, there is a great forum that started a few years ago dedicated just to responsible california gun owners. There is a 2a / Legal section in the forum that is FULL of things we can do to help the cause. There are a few gun lawyers on the site, as well as state and national NRA reps. We'd love to have as many people come take a look as possible. (its not my site but i check it daily) Thanks to some crafty people on this site we've gained the ability to once again own "evil" rifles again in this state legally. Even though they are a lil bastardized they are still better then nothing.
    www.calguns.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast