Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: engine pictures?

Stab-n-Steer
    Huffer,
    Click below and there is an excellent explaination of how to post pics and other tips from member "Havasu Hangin"... SuperDave was kind enough to help me out the first time. They kinda make us new guys suffer for a while and then clue us in on how to post. I guess when they tell you how to post pics you are accepted to the forum!
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000805.html
    Unchained and SuperDave,
    Great motors! You guys are making me long for summer. Actually, it's supposed to be in the high 60's here in the bay area tomorrow so my buddy and I are playing hookie and are taking a "sweat shirt" cruise on the delta.
    S&S

Flat Screwd
    Walt at walts ***boat in modesto has a stand off mount that mounts the alt. in front of the crank and uses a lovejoy coupler to conect the two. So the alt. is driven by the crank but with no belts. Its a real cool setup.

Infomaniac
    Flat Screwd I had one of those on my DiMarco. It was great. Do not think it will work with a blower. The one I had would not.
    Unchained. The motor plates were new from Bergeron. Do not look near as good after 1 season of Oklahoma lake water. Wish I had your engine in my Cougar.
    Am trying the get my scanner to work after loading XP.

schiada96
    Sd I've got 304 sheet in stock make the flanges thick 3/8 or better and draw what you want. I'll weld them up for you.

DetroitJim
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...3484WNpSgqyKBH
    I use a Glenwood cast aluminum front mount. It has an alternator mount right on it. It tucks the alternator up alongside the block. The water pump is spaced forward 3 inches or the belt would hit.
    [This message has been edited by DetroitJim (edited January 10, 2002).]

Thunderbutt
    Flattie,
    drive the alt off of the torqe tube. mount the alt on on the side of one of the stringers and use a clamp pully on the tube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12