Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towable Boat Cover's.

John.
    John -
    Do you tow on the freeway with the cover on? My Ultra is a few weeks away and I was thinking about having this cover added to the bill, but wanted to hear if it scratches the gel coat when towing. I usually tow from San Diego to Havasu. How has the cover been working for you when towing, any scratches on the gel?
    yep. I towed from LA up to Sacto and had no issues. just tighten all the straps down nice and tight so you don't get any flapping. its really a good cover. i only tow with it on when the weather is bad..otherwise I keep it off and get more looks on the road that way.
    It does get some flat spots and puddles in when it rains, but never seeped a drop though. I built a little platic pipe frame that I put in the center of the cockpit to tent the cover up and have no more issues with puddling...I try to keep her out of the rain as well though too.
    I'd recommend adding it to your purchase. well worth the expense. I think I paid about $1500 and don't regret that at all.

cyclone
    my cover has been good up to 90 mph..lol
    i always tow with it on. from garden grove to Parker about 8 times a year. its fully lined, fits tight and doesn't beat up my gel.
    www.stitchcraftinteriors.com
    ask for revo and tell him mike sent ya.

ChumpChange
    I can't bring myself to tow with a cover on. Too many risks. I'd rather tow with it off and not worry about the gel. If your cover parachutes, you also get less miles per gallon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12