Thread: Spam-Rail kit alum angle

Taylorman
    I bought 2 4ft pieces of 3x4x1/4 alum angle that i cant use. I need 4x4. If anyone can use it i'll part with it for a little less than i paid for it. $75 including shipping.

NELSON#109
    Why Cant You Use It? Most People Are Using 2x2 Angle.... I Used 4x4, But Its Just Extra Weight... The Only Reason I Went With The 4x4, Is Because I Ran My Rails At The Angle Of The Pump Shaft... That Way I Didnt Have To Angle My Blocks & Motor Plates... I Run A Linco Drive Line So My D-shaft Has To Be Dead Nuts Straight... I Know Some People Dont Think U-joint D-shafts Should Be Straight, But Thats How I Do Them To... The Next Time I Do A Rail Kit I Think I Will Run The Rails Leval And Go The Full Length Of The Boat To Tie In The Pump Braces, Seat, Pedal Assembly, Fuel Tank, Ect... Any How, 2x2 Is Perfect, But What You Have Will Work Fine To... Every Time I Look At Mine, I Wonder Why I Went With 4x4... I Used 4x4 In My Challenger Too, And I Ended Up Having To Cut A Crazy Notch In One Of The Rails, So I Could Install A Standard Size Starter If The Small One Ever Went Out... Cant Always Find A Small Starter In A Pinch... If You Want More Bite On The Stringers, Rip It Down To 4x2 And Use The 4x Against The Stringer.. The Outside Of Your Blocks And Motor Plates Should Run To The Inside Edge Of Your Stringers... Less Leverage On The Stringers, And 2 Inches Should Be The Perfect Rail Width For Your Mounting Blocks.... Nelson#109

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Damn nelson thats some great typing :crossx: :crossx:

Taylorman
    Im doing mine a little different from the norm. Im using 4x4 angle and mounting it on the outside of the stingers. My motor plates are going to extend over the stinger and sit on top of the angle. The angle is going to extend over the stinger and im gonna use angle blocks to bolt the motor plate to the angle. I have a flat plate on the inside of the stinger. Overkill i know but i feel its gonna be real strong. I'll put up some pictures sunday after i finish. Here is my front plate.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5947.jpg
    Im doing it kind of like this except my angle is going to be on the other side of the stinger and gonna use angle blocks instead of mounting the plate to the stinger.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Front_Done.jpg
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3..._Rear_Done.jpg

Taylorman
    bump

Taylorman
    Anyone making a rail kit?

NELSON#109
    Damn nelson thats some great typing :crossx: :crossx:
    I HAD THAT ONE COMING!!!! I WAS A COP FOR 7 YEARS, AND TYPED SO MANY REPORTS THAT I BECAME ANAL ABOUT PROPER GRAMER. I USED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT KIND OF CHIT ALL THE TIME, BUT NOW I FIND MY SELF GETTING LAZY. IT'S EASY TO JUST RAMBLE ON AND USE A FEW .... TO BREAK THINGS UP. I GUESS NOW I JUST DONT GIVE A SPLIT. I RARELY HAVE TIME TO BS ON HB ANYMORE, SO I TRY TO MAKE IT FAST NOW. AS FAR AS THE CAPS GO, THATS JUS HOW I DO IT. BEAT IT.... NELSON#109
    BTW, IT'S NICE TO SEE PEOPLE THROWIN SOME WELL DESERVED JABS EVERY NOW AND THEN. HELPS BALANCE OUT ALL THE CRAP I GIVE PEOPLE. SEE YA ALL AT THE RIVER SOON. BEAT IT AGAIN.......