Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tubing, who does it behind a jet?

eek-a-RAT
    here it is folks, i just started towin my friend/family members & even i been behind my own boat on an a tube. who does it, is there any do's & donts to this. when i was dragged behind mine, my driver wasnt the best to keep me out of the roost. i must have drained a cup of water outta my eyelids. will it make it any better with a diverter in its place to shoot the water over what you are towin? i want to see some pix, post em up. i will get a good kick outta this! i will do some resizing of pics & post them up.

Devilman
    LOL, I don't have any pics, but when I've pulled someone, I always just kept the tail down.... As tempting as it may be.

I try to keep the nozzle down... although a couple times, the boys ASKED to get sprayed!

eek-a-RAT
    heres my bro havin a lil fun, me drivin

victorfb
    we do and its a blast. and NO do not try and get the roost over the towable. you can seriously hurt the people being towed. pointing the diverter down a bit actually helps the boat from going bow up and keeps the roost low for a better and safer ride on the towable. remember too that the rope length can be shortened and or lengthend to change the characteristics of the towable. stay clear of all other boats and shorelines as many drivers have come too close when turning and the towable has collided with boats and shorelines. also be aware of were you are doing this. be considerate to other boaters and people/boats that are beached. showing off in front of them may be fun but you are also creating alot of wakes with all the turns and such. a good driver is key to having a fun safe time on a towable. he/she must be skilled in driving and be aware of both the surroundings and the towable. with so many differant styles of towables now, its difficult to decide which to buy. i have allways liked the round tubes because they slide across the surface at a much faster rate, but this is getting increasingly more dangerous with our busy water ways. we now use the "hot dog" style more. it holds 3 people and with the length it gives a somewhat bull riding effect when going over wakes. it doesnt whip around as fast like the round tubes, but it does roll over so you can still throw off the passengers when you want. hehehe.

Aqua Boogie1
    I just use the long rope. I think it either 65 or 75 feet. That helps you stay out of the roost.

Cas
    here's a little series of pics of me from many years ago at Lake Don Pedro
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870airmat.jpg
    tube popped so we just used anything that was readily available

eek-a-RAT
    here's a little series of pics of me from many years ago at Lake Don Pedro
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870airmat.jpg
    tube popped so we just used anything that was readily available
    is that an air mattress! lol!

Cas
    sure is

jeffroe
    just finished my boat over the 4th july weekend this year and i am sure that of the 15 or so hours on the new motor (BBC 871 BLOWER) that 11-12hrs was pulling the kids on a tube and ski's

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast