Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 850 DP carb??

Looking at getting a new 850 mech sec. and saw the Proform in Jegs. Is anyone running this carb? What would you recommend; Holley? Demon? Proform? What do you recommend? Going on a 468.

RICHARD TILL
    Holley

Machinist
    I second the Holley Pro series, they make more power than the Demon's and Proforms - proven over and over again on our dyno.

SmokinLowriderSS
    The Demon's seem to have a bad problem of uneven mixture distribution in the part-throttle range, as experienced by quite a few people who've tested this.
    Go Holley.

killerbeez
    I have one for sale $200.

look outside your window, see that line of people, that's how many people are willing to part with $200.00 to get their hands that POS

Moneypitt
    Was that carb on Later's boat? Boy that thing has been through the mill. I have to ask, what did the rest of the engine look like if the carb is that beat up. $200.??? Maybe $25 if you through in a trick kit..........MP

Was that carb on Later's boat? Boy that thing has been through the mill. I have to ask, what did the rest of the engine look like if the carb is that beat up. $200.??? Maybe $25 if you through in a trick kit..........MP
    get the hell out my way, I saw that fine piece first, and Iam not in the mood for a bidding war. If that carb was on a boat, it had to have been an outboard and the motor was mounted upside down

Moneypitt
    get the hell out my way, I saw that fine piece first, and Iam not in the mood for a bidding war. If that carb was on a boat, it had to have been an outboard and the motor was mounted upside down
    Later's boat was/is on the bottom of Lake Piru..........

and now its missing a carb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast