Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What now?

AltarGirl
    My truck was hit by a trash truck back in October. The guy came around a corner w/the forks down & I was sitting in my truck when he hit it. It was only the bumper luckily, but the supervisor who came on scene later said donÂ’t worry, weÂ’ll pay for it all.
    So I was told I’d have a check shortly & now it’s December. I have called every day since last week & their excuse is “the owner has a stack of checks to endorse & he hasn’t done it” What the hell does that mean??? I’ve now talked to several different “supervisors” & told them I wanted to speak w/this owner & they told me no. “there’s no way to reach him” Which I'm sure means, "no you can't call & try to complain about our irresponsible & crappy response to this situation"
    WTF!!! IÂ’m thinking the only way to resolve this may be a real legal threat. I donÂ’t know what to do! Help!
    PS. The company is Crown Disposal & the ownerÂ’s name is Tom Fry.

Kachina26
    My truck was hit by a trash truck back in October. The guy came around a corner w/the forks down & I was sitting in my truck when he hit it. It was only the bumper luckily, but the supervisor who came on scene later said donÂ’t worry, weÂ’ll pay for it all.
    So I was told I’d have a check shortly & now it’s December. I have called every day since last week & their excuse is “the owner has a stack of checks to endorse & he hasn’t done it” What the hell does that mean??? I’ve now talked to several different “supervisors” & told them I wanted to speak w/this owner & they told me no. “there’s no way to reach him” Which I'm sure means, "no you can't call & try to complain about our irresponsible & crappy response to this situation"
    WTF!!! IÂ’m thinking the only way to resolve this may be a real legal threat. I donÂ’t know what to do! Help!
    PS. The company is Crown Disposal & the ownerÂ’s name is Tom Fry.
    Turn it in to your insurance, they will fix your car and get the money from the trash company. That's what you're paying all that money for. This is their headache, not yours

NOTALENT
    Threaten them. Tell him you tried to go about it the decent way, but they have not held up to there end. Now you have to get your "LAWYER" into it...that should scare them. Especially since there in the wrong.

AltarGirl
    Threaten them. Tell him you tried to go about it the decent way, but they have not held up to there end. Now you have to get your "LAWYER" into it...that should scare them. Especially since there in the wrong.I did! I left a message & said “If I don’t have a resolution I will be contacting my attorney.” Know any lawyers who owe you a favor?

H20 Toie
    For just damage to your bumper you are better off turning it in to your insurance and let them deal with it, you would spend more money with an attorney then you'll get for the damage.

Kachina26
    Do you not have insurance? You are really going about this the hard way. I had a guy hit me, said he would pay, and naturally, didn't. I called my insurance co, got it fixed and they got the money from the bozo. No headaches for me.

You were in the truck?........I think you neck and back is starting to hurt...J/K. I'd just turn it over to your insurance company and let them deal with it..

AltarGirl
    Ok, I guess the moral of this story is call my insurance company. I didnÂ’t want to, just deal w/it myself you know? But, theyÂ’re A-holes.

NOTALENT
    I did! I left a message & said “If I don’t have a resolution I will be contacting my attorney.” Know any lawyers who owe you a favor?
    I may...My cousin is a paralegal for Fox Sports. Im sure she can dig someone up...If you dont end up going through your insurance I can see if they could make a scare tactic call... :crossx:

AltarGirl
    I may...My cousin is a paralegal for Fox Sports. Im sure she can dig someone up...If you dont end up going through your insurance I can see if they could make a scare tactic call... :crossx:
    I knew I liked you for a reason.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast