Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: I think the sh*t just hit the fan...

ULTRA26 # 1
    It is.
    I did not attempt to quote the code.
    But it is all right there in section (a) plane as day. That first pragraph covers it.
    Want the translation??
    In english that section says (among other things):
    We may not make a recommendation that can effect the financial intrest of our spouse, ie, prospective employment etc...
    In very very simple english it says:
    We can't recommend our spouses for a federal government job.
    It just can't get much clearer than that.
    This is very basic stuff that all federal workers from groundskeepers to big wig CIA agents are supposed to know.
    It was not at all illegal for Mark Wilson to take that job and go to Niger. What was illegal was for his wife to recommend him for it. For him to legally have taken that job he would have had to have applied for it on his own and she would have had to have kept her mouth shut and stayed as far out of it as possible. Remember this whole flap started, because she was outed for recommending him for that job.
    Wasn't Joe Wilson already a Govt Ambassador prior to his trip to Niger? Which raises the question of whether or not there was financial gain as a result of Plame's recommendation. I am just trying to fully understand how the law was broken. I'm not trying to argue.
    Thanks
    JM

eliminatedsprinter
    Wasn't Joe Wilson already a Govt Ambassador prior to his trip to Niger? Which raises the question of whether or not there was financial gain as a result of Plame's recommendation. I am just trying to fully understand how the law was broken. I'm not trying to argue.
    Thanks
    JM
    No problem
    Joe Wilson was retired from the Foreign service (Last worked there under Clinton) and has since managed "J C Wilson International Ventures Corp." (a private international consulting firm, no doubt, consisting of himself).
    That is what he was doing professionally, in 02 when he was hired by the CIA to go to Niger, on his wifes recommendation........:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
    No problem
    Joe Wilson was retired from the Foreign service (Last worked there under Clinton) and has since managed "J C Wilson International Ventures Corp." (a private international consulting firm, no doubt, consisting of himself).
    That is what he was doing professionally, in 02 when he was hired by the CIA to go to Niger, on his wifes recommendation........:idea:
    EP.
    Again. thanks for the info. Some eye opening stuff
    JM

eliminatedsprinter
    No sweat, that's what this is all about, trading thoughts and ideas.
    Of course it would be better if it was by or on a lake, but I'm usually too busy stuffing my face with food, or filling my ears with wind and boat noise to talk politics by the lake....

SmokinLowriderSS
    I highlited the portions that apply to Valerie Plame/Wilson.
    Not disputing you but I am unable to find your statement in the code cited:
    TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 11 > § 208
    § 208. Acts affecting a personal financial interest
    (a) Except as permitted by subsection (b) hereof, whoever, being an officer or employee of the executive branch of the United States Government, or of any independent agency of the United States, a Federal Reserve bank director, officer, or employee, or an officer or employee of the District of Columbia, including a special Government employee, participates personally and substantially as a Government officer or employee, through decision, approval, disapproval, recommendation, the rendering of advice, investigation, or otherwise, in a judicial or other proceeding, application, request for a ruling or other determination, contract, claim, controversy, charge, accusation, arrest, or other particular matter in which, to his knowledge, he, his spouse, minor child, general partner, organization in which he is serving as officer, director, trustee, general partner or employee, or any person or organization with whom he is negotiating or has any arrangement concerning prospective employment, has a financial interest—
    Shall be subject to the penalties set forth in section 216 of this title.
    Please let me know if this is not the code you are citing
    Thanks
    JM
    Strangely enough, the same parts would seem to appear to Sen Feinstein, which I Italicized.
    Thus the bold italics apply to both.

eliminatedsprinter
    I highlited the portions that apply to Valerie Plame/Wilson.
    Strangely enough, the same parts would seem to appear to Sen Feinstein, which I Italicized.
    Thus the bold italics apply to both.
    Many years ago she helped draft and pass a bill that gave federal education funds to many private schools and private educational firms. I was a bit puzzled at the time, because it was not part of her party's ideology to give public school funds to private educational outfits. Then I found out that her husband owned one of those outfits that got a big chunk of those funds and it all made sense...I guess her ethics haven't been too pure for a while now.....

SmokinLowriderSS
    Somehow, it does not surprise me.

Schiada76
    So why haven't the leftists here piped up screaming LIAR!!!! Convene a GRAND JURY!! Impeach!!!! She's a NAZI!!!!! Traitor!!!!
    I'm really surprised they haven't, honest, really surprised.

71tahiti
    Mostly Cali people and nevada peeps in here.. INDY guy here... Who out there ELECTS these clowns!!!! H. Reid, Pulogsi, Boxer.. If its up to these global warming IDIOTS, We will all be rowing F*&^ng CANOES!!!! They are more interested in bashing Bush than putting forward a comprehensive plan. Hell They have a potenial 12 million new voters. Bunch of Pandering Sissy Ass Leaders on the democrat side, at the moment. THEY NEED TO JUST LOOK BACK IN HISTORY to realize what we face.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Local loons who really should know better does it, and the welfare class who'll vote for anyone who hands them a $20.
    Look at Teddy K. Nobody in their right mind would elect that guy. but he's been a senator for 3+ decades, maybe 4.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314