Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about credit.....how about ID THEFT!

Silver
    Anyone have experience with this? Anyone know a good clean up person who can help with this BULLSHIT!

AZJD
    Unfortunatly you are better off changing your identity! It is hard as hell to recover from it now with the internet as active with predators as it is.
    Did you catch the Dateline speacial on this last night? Not sure when but it is a several part series, you should watch it!

marty722
    Dateline was very cool to watch last night. Don't miss next week as they are chasing down people in other countries that are ripping people off in the US. Great show....

Silver
    Unfortunatly you are better off changing your identity! It is hard as hell to recover from it now with the internet as active with predators as it is.
    Did you catch the Dateline speacial on this last night? Not sure when but it is a several part series, you should watch it!
    I know a little about this.....but it was when people first started doing it. New aka name or tax Id number right? Do you know how, or someone who does?

HocusPocus
    someone used my identity to get some cell phones and credit cards a couple years ago. it took me a few months but was able to clean it up on my own. every place i had to deal with had a special dept for credit fraud or identity theft and were pretty helpful. all just wanted a copy of the police report mailed to them.

essexjet
    Just heard a commercial on Bloomberg radio this morning, thinking about signing up. Has anyone else looked into something like this??
    www.lifelock.com

wright27
    I had two different cell phones at two different times that someone stole my SS# and got. Both had outstanding debt for over $1500. I called the company's (Verizon and cingular) and told them it was not mine. I told them to prove it was my signature for the account. They sent me to the identity theft department and about one month later I got a letter stating It was fraud.

probablecause
    Nothing will ever change until they start mandating thumbprints on all applications. Between the ball-less D.A.'s filing standards and the lack of interest from the actual companies (who just pass the cost off to you), it will never change. Cleanup is very tough and you have to stay on-top of it and it can re-surface years down the road. I have tried to have the I.D. Theft Laws (530.5 PC) changed in California but nobody wants to get involved.

Jordy
    Just heard a commercial on Bloomberg radio this morning, thinking about signing up. Has anyone else looked into something like this??
    www.lifelock.com
    Signed up for it and am loving it just based upon the fact that I'm not getting 400 pre-approved credit card offers in the mail on a daily basis. Anytime I apply for something, as soon as my credit is run, I get a phone call to verify my identity. The guy who owns the company gives out his full name and SSN on the commercial and says good luck with it. Oh, and the million $$$$ fraud guaranty doesn't hurt either.

essexjet
    Signed up for it and am loving it just based upon the fact that I'm not getting 400 pre-approved credit card offers in the mail on a daily basis. Anytime I apply for something, as soon as my credit is run, I get a phone call to verify my identity. The guy who owns the company gives out his full name and SSN on the commercial and says good luck with it. Oh, and the million $$$$ fraud guaranty doesn't hurt either.
    Yeah I heard him give it out and saw that he post it on his website. For the $10 monthly fee cant be it and its Jordy approved. Sign me up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast