Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fired my bug man, Black Widow vs Scorpion

Magic34
    What do you think wins over the other with all options considered for each nasty bug/insect or whatever the creepy things are?
    I have been gone on and off for the past 2 weeks. I have landscapers, so I really have not even looked out back in my yard in the past 2 weeks since I have only been in town for about 6 of the 14 days.
    Anyways, I went out there tonight and saw a spiderweb from a chair down to one of my kid's toys.
    Here is a picture I took of what was on the web. The picture turned out really good after I cropped it down. I wasn't too close because I am a puss with this crap.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...G_0471-med.jpg
    And the challenger.......
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...G_0472-med.jpg
    So needless to say, if there is something that ties up scorpions and suspends them in the air... 1 of 3 things are happening for me. First the bug guy is fired and I'm finding one that works. Second, I'm scared sh*tless because I hate scorpions and now knowing there is something worse... #$&#$(*&#%#($&#()$^@&$#^..... Third, I may burn my house down and start over.

Magic34
    Oh, the camera is a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Ths was with the stock 55mm lens if anyone cares.

Cheap Thrills
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...G_0472-med.jpg
    You have some real problems if that spider got into your house and stole that hershey's kiss from your candy dish for it's desert.
    Well looks like a hershey's kiss....
    C.T. :wink:

Outnumbered
    I've been bitching about my bug guy lately too. He has been using Bayer Suspend which does not seem to last outdoors. He tells me he is upgrading to a "new" chemical this month. I pretty much decided to give him one last chance. We don't see any bugs, spiders, etc for about 2 weeks after he sprays and then its as if he was never here. So if this new shiznit does not last 30 days I am going to have to find a new guy or have someone come every two weeks.

Rod-64
    I've been not too happy with my bugman too............I always wonder if I pay him 26 clams a month just to shoot water all over the place. How can you know for sure what ratio he uses unless you see him do it which you can't since it's all "mixed" in the tanks already.

Rod-64
    I've been bitching about my bug guy lately too. He has been using Bayer Suspend which does not seem to last outdoors. He tells me he is upgrading to a "new" chemical this month. I pretty much decided to give him one last chance. We don't see any bugs, spiders, etc for about 2 weeks after he sprays and then its as if he was never here. So if this new shiznit does not last 30 days I am going to have to find a new guy or have someone come every two weeks.
    Seems everyone's "upgrading." Cell phone sucks and they sat they're upgrading/adding towers.....been hearing this for a year now. The voice don't match the faces on the local HD channels on Dish and they say they are upgrading. I think upgrade is a new term for bullsh*t. This site does upgrades and it runs slower. :crossx:

RiverRatMike
    having your house sprayed by some business is a waste of money to me. I do it myself once a year painless and easy and no problems.

poncho-pwr
    Okay, if you want to rid your house of spiders and scorpions take notes.... Quit buying and using grocery store bought pesticides or stuff from Home Depot, it doesn't work. You need to spray a product like Demon WP,
    Cynoff WP, or Suspend SC. A lot of times you can buy it at farm and ranch type stores or you can get it at Estes Chemicals www.estesinc.com if you have one around. Some pest control companies also sell small amounts of product directly to home owners so that is another place to try. The main thing is to get the other pests that spiders and scorpions like to eat under control(the above sprays work well on a broad variety of pests) and then watch for cob webs in and around cracks and crevices, eves, and overhangs as well as anything sitting around outside near patios and porches that isn't moved very often. Anytime you see any little web build up be sure and thoroughly remove it. Inspect all of your window screens, screen doors, and all other potential entry points to your home near flower beds, wood piles and things of that nature to make sure they are in good shape and don't have any little tears in them. Seal up around windows and vents with good caulking/silicone and put pest mesh behind any vents into your attic or roof. If you do these things and use those products you will be much happier with what does and doesn't reside in your home.

Outnumbered
    My guy uses Suspend SC and it only lasts 2 weeks. He's layin it down heavy too.

poncho-pwr
    It is probably time for your guy to rotate out to a different chemical, you may be having a tolerance issue. Also, Delta Dust works well and can be blown into a lot of areas that it is hard to get to. it also has a good residual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast