Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There, their and they're..........

Midlife Advantage
    I didn't think there/their/they're spelling Nazi's on here! but some of us are cursed with compulsive correctiveness in spelling and grammar, I can't help it, I notice everything. I can walk by someones comuter at work and hardly glance at it, then say "you mispelled something" it is a curse.
    to and too are another pair of peeves.

jbtrailerjim
    I often wonder why a handful of people on here find it necessary to correct peoples spelling all of the time? Is life that dull and boring or does it make them feel better knowing they have better grammar skills? It seems kind of petty and lame. This is a boating forum not grammer.com forums.

Midlife Advantage
    I often wonder why a handful of people on here find it necessary to correct peoples spelling all of the time? Is life that dull and boring or does it make them feel better knowing they have better grammar skills? It seems kind of petty and lame. This is a boating forum not grammer.com forums.
    I haven't noticed people correcting others spelling, I just keep it shut. Yer right its just the internet, who gives shit? but it is certainly good forum yabber :rollside:

Kachina26
    YOU have become the SPELL NAZI lately....
    and Im not being SARCASTIC
    I'm so relieved, I was beggining to think that you missed that little jab

Havasu_Dreamin
    I can walk by someones comuter at work and hardly glance at it, then say "you mispelled something" it is a curse.
    That right there is funny! I think you mean computer.

THOR
    Will you please explain this to my brain dead assistant. Here is a true story. She was making a list for Staples and we needed scissors. She spelled them "sizzers". No kidding.

Kachina26
    I didn't single anyone out, I was just having a little fun with one of my pet peeves. (I've seen some non-boating peeves posted) Like you said, it's just the 'net don't take it all personal and shit
    And yes, I'm some goofy wack job that notices that crap, and it drives me nuts that I notice it. If that makes sense

Captain Dan
    I didn't think there/their/they're spelling Nazi's on here! but some of us are cursed with compulsive correctiveness in spelling and grammar, I can't help it, I notice everything. I can walk by someones comuter at work and hardly glance at it, then say "you mispelled something" it is a curse.
    to and too are another pair of peeves.
    I believe that would be "someone's computer"

Havasu_Dreamin
    Will you please explain this to my brain dead assistant. Here is a true story. She was making a list for Staples and we needed scissors. She spelled them "sizzers". No kidding.
    ROFLMAO! My god, how some people graduate high school I'll never know! Of course, she probalby has a college degree as well!

Kachina26
    Oh common, everyone knows it's "sizzors"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast