Thread: ofixco boats location

promodbike2
    Does anyone know where the ofixco flatbottoms are? The 447 is in MS. I would like to find the blown boats.

Retired flatbottom racer
    I don't know where the blown boats are but the 449 boat is still here in Oklahoma. It is used as lake boat now and has changed owners about three times.

RICHARD TILL
    i saw the 447 boat last wednesday. belongs to a friend of mine. its black now and running the 10 sec. bracket. presently its getting a new oil pan and bearing check. promodbike2, are you in mississippi?

promodbike2
    MY Dad and i go to ky drag races he lives by the lake. Dad traveled with a ugh in the mid 80s. My Dad saw the boat at the races asked a few questions and told your buddy whos boat that was. I cant remember the owners name. He lives in ponotoc MS. Im buying a a cole flat to race might be the 10 second class.

promodbike2
    rettired flat racer there in a pic on ***boat with the 449 with a blown motor in it. Go to galleries v-drives search ofixco.

adjones419
    Promodbike,
    We usually make it to 1 or 2 KY Lake races a year...10 second Hondo runnerbottom and 8 second Cole hydro. Hope to see you there!

RICHARD TILL
    you`re right about the ponotoc and shane stafford is his name. good luck with the racing. i`ll probably see you somewhere because i`m running the 10 sec. too. my boat`s name is the underdog. look me up.

Retired flatbottom racer
    rettired flat racer there in a pic on ***boat with the 449 with a blown motor in it. Go to galleries v-drives search ofixco.
    Sorry about that. You are correct it did end up with a blown motor in it. I forgot. The 447 boat spent a year in my garage in 1980. A friend of mine drove it in pro stock an SDBA cubic inch class for a while until his dirt car was completed then gave it back to Lloyd Stephens for someone else to drive. There were only three flatbottoms and no hydros that year. Super Stock (440 ci) , Pro Stock (470 ci) and Blown Gas Flat.

flatnastyfan
    retired flat bottom racer. do you happen to know the owner of 449 now. i might be interested in buying it if he would part with it. my brother-in-law owns and races 447.