Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdrive Guru??

OutCole'd
    Who is the XR Drive guru? I have a plumbing question.

Run_em_Hard
    Throw the question up...mabey someone can help.

BDMar
    I can help. Ask away.

OutCole'd
    OK, heres the deal. I have a HP525 in my boat with a low water pick up. There is a block off plate so I get no water through my drive to my motor. The only coolong my drive gets that I know of is with a drive shower.
    My boat builder says this is how they have done every boat like mine, never with a problem. The person I used to service my boat says this is wrong, and I need to drill & tap my drive to let the lake water go through it to my drive shower.
    I don't cruise 80 every where I go, but I do want my drive to last as long as possible.

BDMar
    Second guy is right. The port (left looking at the rear of the boat) side needs to be drilled and threaded for a 1/2" tapered pipe thread. 2" to 2 1/2" back from the surface where the sterndrive meets the gimbal, and dead center up and down in the area you see the fitting in. I'll attach a pic. You can then screw in an AN fitting or what ever you like. We also reduce the water intake slots to reduce the pressure in the drive. You will be amazed how much water flows through it.
    Sorry for the poor quality. I took it with my camera phone and I had already turned off all the power in the shop.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/Fitting.jpg

djunkie
    Well, it sounds like your boat is screwed Outcoled. Better just give it to me and buy another.

OutCole'd
    Second guy is right. The port (left looking at the rear of the boat) side needs to be drilled and threaded for a 1/2" tapered pipe thread. 2" to 2 1/2" back from the surface where the sterndrive meets the gimbal, and dead center up and down in the area you see the fitting in. I'll attach a pic. You can then screw in an AN fitting or what ever you like. We also reduce the water intake slots to reduce the pressure in the drive. You will be amazed how much water flows through it.
    Sorry for the poor quality. I took it with my camera phone and I had already turned off all the power in the shop.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/Fitting.jpg
    Perfect! That's what I was looking for. Thank you very much for the info.
    Well, it sounds like your boat is screwed Outcoled. Better just give it to me and buy another.
    Nope, gonna have to get your own.
    You going out next week?

djunkie
    Nope, gonna have to get your own.
    You going out next week?
    I thought about it. I wanna go to the Rhino run but I don't think we're gonna make it.

OutCole'd
    I thought about it. I wanna go to the Rhino run but I don't think we're gonna make it.
    If things change, let me know. I don't think I'll be doing this Rhino run, I want to get the boat in the water!

djunkie
    If things change, let me know. I don't think I'll be doing this Rhino run, I want to get the boat in the water!
    Will do. We rented the house out for an extra month so that is what is holding us back. If we don't make it out there this weekend then it probably won't be until the poker run at the end of April.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast