Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a little fun in the Phoenix area

Riverdog1
    Just moved here from No. Cal. I havn't been boating here yet, but I am looking for a cool place to dunk my jet. The Riverdog needs to get wet. Hot Boats where the water isn't swoll with lot's of wave making v's. Any suggestions for a first timer in the AZ waterways?
    Also, anyone know about noise restrictions out here. Can I throw my cans in the lake and forget about them?
    I am looking for some cool spots, say, 100 miles or less from Phoenix with decent camping near the water and someplace to scoot 90+ side by side in lightweight jets without Ranger Hastle.
    Let's Boat!

squirt'nmyload
    Just moved here from No. Cal. I havn't been boating here yet, but I am looking for a cool place to dunk my jet. The Riverdog needs to get wet. Hot Boats where the water isn't swoll with lot's of wave making v's. Any suggestions for a first timer in the AZ waterways?
    Also, anyone know about noise restrictions out here. Can I throw my cans in the lake and forget about them?
    I am looking for some cool spots, say, 100 miles or less from Phoenix with decent camping near the water and someplace to scoot 90+ side by side in lightweight jets without Ranger Hastle.
    Let's Boat!
    there are 6 lakes within 100 miles of phx......cops really don't bother us jetters much......but if you are lookin for good water i'd suggest going out during the week or wait till after 5pm on weekends to go out.......no joke
    ....winter time is the best if you really want to run em........get in touch with any of us phx jetters and we'll show you around

Riverdog1
    there are 6 lakes within 100 miles of phx......cops really don't bother us jetters much......but if you are lookin for good water i'd suggest going out during the week or wait till after 5pm on weekends to go out.......no joke
    ....winter time is the best if you really want to run em........get in touch with any of us phx jetters and we'll show you around
    THNX--Don't necessarily need great water all the time. I prefer to hang out, cruise and suck some beers, but good water some of the time is good so I could mash the gas a bit. Maybe run side by side with another fun boat.
    They say Bartlett is good,but where does everyone hang out?
    Oh, Possibly going to Thunderbird for the races. Not sure yet but if anyone's going to be there, lets hook up.

squirt'nmyload
    THNX--Don't necessarily need great water all the time. I prefer to hang out, cruise and suck some beers, but good water some of the time is good so I could mash the gas a bit. Maybe run side by side with another fun boat.
    They say Bartlett is good,but where does everyone hang out?
    bartlett is really low right now....usually sb cove or bartlett flats...some guys were there this past weekend...still waiting for the report.....i usually go to the party spots during the day and then usually bout 5 or so i head out and run it till dark.....lake pleasant is prolly closest to you if your in goodyear....maybe 30-40 minutes....what size jet you running.......i suggest launching from the north ramp and heading over to humbug till sundown....thats what i do.........saguaro lake sucks now....they regulate the flow in the parking lot and we sat in the waiting lot for 2 hours yesterday(launched at 4pm) only to get the crap beat out of us for the first hour, then everyone pulled out and we had the place to ourselves!!

Riverdog1
    I am looking for a camping lake. I rarely do day shots because I don't like to drive home after partying all day. I like to get on the Q, throw back some Tequilla and hang around a fire until dawn, then do it all over again. I am looking for a cool lake where I don't have to pull my boat out every night, and I can see it from my camp.
    I know, that's usually a big wish list. I did find only 2 lakes like that in No Cal, and that's where I went exclusivley.
    How is Bartlett fed. Run off, rivers? I guess will have to do some day shots to have a look.
    I run a light 18' Renegade (Centralma). It's Stout, but not too wild. Maybe 600 horse. It's fun though, and I have the itch.

tx-19
    a bunch of us are heading to the river (parker)at the end of the month.the river is the best place to go for boating.only an hour and fifty minutes from u.pm me if u are interested.

Classic Daycruiser
    Its a little warm in the summer months to just hang out by the fire. It usually does not get below 100 degrees until after midnight. Average low is about 89 degrees in July and August. average high around 108 degrees.
    This is not going to be your Northern California weather. Most of us do not camp in the summer months with out an air conditioned Motorhome.

kingbrutis
    I'm in Goodyear also. Kinda in the same situation. Have a nice toyhauler to camp in and want camp at the lake and have some fun. Give me a shout sometime. 623-932-1690 Joe

Riverdog1
    [QUOTE=Classic Daycruiser;2479741]Its a little warm in the summer months to just hang out by the fire. It usually does not get below 100 degrees until after midnight. Average low is about 89 degrees in July and August. average high around 108 degrees.
    This is not going to be your Northern California weather. Most of us do not camp in the summer months with out an air conditioned Motorhome. QUOTE]
    Ok, I know, I've been here since last July and family and friends for years. I sleep in the Tahoe with the air running...LOL...really, gas is cheap --Compared to 110 Leaded. No Cal at the lake in the summer gets close to that, just cools a bit more in the night. Ya, I know--the motorhome is next. Just don't like to drive home when I am having too much fun at the lake.

LuckyStrike
    Pleasent has Tons of nice quite coves west of the 10 Lane...Plus if you take a trip up during the week and cruise the lake You can find All kinds of places Quiet no problem for a jet to go. Im in Litchfield Park Im camping out there right now untill the 20th.....Of corse Im doing it in a motorhome instead of Tent...But there is Loads of people that tent as well...I would start @the 10 lane they have all the info with maps trails the whole works.
    Good Luck
    AJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast