Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Made it to 100mph!!

BigBlockOldsJet
    I can't figure out what your so mad about ?
    If this iSn'T spam, what iS iT
    LaST couple of poSTs
    Go to R&D he has his Evolution. But he can put what ever you want together. He's the man
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    Not true. Boat is a very good boat, but it does need some work to make it awsome. When set up right it is a very nice boat. R&D had a lot of luck with them. Get a hold of Harold at R&D I'm sure he will tell you about them.
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    Well the milkshake oil means water in oil. Why it got there not sure. But you can call Harold at R&D he is the best and sure he can help you.
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    Check R&D he makes them for a reasonable price.
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    I'm telling ya Harold at R&D can do all that. He's in Anaheim. He's even circle raced a pump like that. you. can UPS it there.
    Harold over at R&D His the best
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    Well I know Harold has the Record at 149.65 and 7.32et . 2-1/2 mph and 3tenths are alot to pick-up. And I'm sure if Harold put his motor on kill He could of run more. And I know he has run bigger numbers but again you have to back them up. But the key is to back it up. Which those guys had problems doing. If Dan has that number I'm sure the motor died doing it.
    Don,Dan and Frank didn't have High points while Harold was racing. I think consistency is very impressive. Don't get me wrong, those guys ran very well But....
    Don runs very well But Harold owned that class. He either drive by you or cut a hell of a light and smoked you all the way down the course.
    If anyone wants to catch his records they have to run a capsule. But I haven't even seen any one come close.
    I hear he's putting one together for a customer that will be running sometime this year.
    Well if you want to run fast and safe I would take it over to Harold at R&D. He's awesome with pumps and bottom/ hardware set up. Good motor's also.
    Either type of motor will work if set-up correct, Good luck
    www.R-DMarine.com

Gotta say from a totally unbiased and pretty much disinterested bysitter that will never use Harold at R&D (I don't live in California)........It is kinda spammish.
    One thing's for sure, you're very loyal.

Goad
    it took me awhile to figure out what was being said, but the gears STarted turning and it clicked.
    oh yeah.....and congrats on makin your goal.

twowheeledfish
    Remind me not to race you... and congrats!
    I finally made it to my goal of 100mph Saturday evening on table rock lake
    The wife and I took out the rebuilt daytona for her maiden voyage and with only a quick stomp on the gas for about 7 seconds we hit 103mph on the gps!
    This has been a long time coming and it was only possible due to the help of Duane and Brian at HTP, they setup the boat and ran test's to tune it in after the 540 was given the blown treatment and a setback with a bubble new intake, shoe, rideplate and impeller this thing goes like madd!
    I will post pics of the boat later on after I finish painting some parts and get it all cleaned up but here is the gps from that day.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1175597240

luv2race
    It's not spam. I point people in the right direction to get help. I see so much mis-information on here I'm just trying to help people. I'm not making anyone go there, I'm just letting them know where they can go.
    Nothing I have said is wrong or bad. You see things your way and thats fine.

Goad
    It's not spam. I point people in the right direction to get help. I see so much mis-information on here I'm just trying to help people. I'm not making anyone go there, I'm just letting them know where they can go.
    its not so much as spam, but name dropping/plugging on every post is a bit excessive.

It's really none of my business and I should've stayed out of it. It's great that you're devoted to your local boat shop. Personally I avoid em all like the plague and only go when I can't figure it out myself. I don't always find the fix the first time (or even the second for that matter), but eventually I'll manage.
    I can't afford their rates and would have to give up boating if I had to depend on the shops.

460 jus getn it
    Hot damn, aint seen that much name dropping since.....Well you know.

wet77
    I am sure there is allott more speed in the boat
    I will have to wait a while because they are calling for snow tonight
    Anyways Duane at HTP gave me great advice and help all along the way, I was more into jet boats than anything else I do so I sold my 1969 SS BB camaro and took the final step of bottom work,setback, blower upgrade and pump work to make the boat what it is today.
    Now my feelings are I could never just give someone my boat and say make it fast and when your done I will pick it up with money in hand.
    I love to work on my boat I tried to do as much as I could the best I could but when it came down to it I was going to try to set my own intake and such it was something that MUST be done right the first time I felt let the ones who know and do it for a living do there magic
    I am a carpenter by trade and have seen first hand how the (weekend warriors) can mess up there house's I wanted the best for the boat so I went to (IN MY OPINION) the best there is.
    I have to say the way the boat gracefully settled after I let off the gas at 100 was perfect to say the least, no dangerous pulling or bouncing just slowed easily.
    At the begining I told Duane I was looking for a future goal of 100mph and he got me there thats all that matters to me.
    He was also extremely fair with prices and with all the extra little things he did like dressing up my rail kit and making many custom brackets and such really shows the quality work he does.
    I am sure everyone has there favorite shop out there and there are I am sure many other great places to get your boat done but I am just saying my 100mph goal was reached and HTP did it for me

I am sure there is allott more speed in the boat
    I love to work on my boat I tried to do as much as I could the best I could but when it came down to it I was going to try to set my own intake and such it was something that MUST be done right the first time I felt let the ones who know and do it for a living do there magic
    I'm with ya there. That's one of the things I paid a shop to do too.
    I am a carpenter by trade and have seen first hand how the (weekend warriors) can mess up there house's
    Hey! That's my house!
    He was also extremely fair with prices and with all the extra little things he did like dressing up my rail kit and making many custom brackets and such really shows the quality work he does.
    I don't think there's any disputing that he knows his stuff.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast