Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Make A Panther Faster

PANTHERJET
    the origanal numbers where glassed over found partial and called eliminator they thougth it was one of theres and talked to GS marine and he said when he worked at eliminator they built a few boats with the panther and olds combo I described the bottom to both of them and they agreed

PANTHERJET
    trying to get to 70 or so

Cas
    trying to get to 70 or so
    Hmmm, that would mean you need to spin that Olds up to about 5300 to 5400 rpms. Do you have all the goodies in the engine for the oiling issues of the Olds?
    Since it's probably an Eliminator, I would imagine the pump is installed correctly so the next question is, how's the bottom of the boat?
    I put together a decent combo on that Tahiti Bubbledeck I mentioned in the other thread. We got 72mph out of it with just a cam, roller rockers, intake, carb and headers along with the pump I did but it was an 18' boat with a Chevy. Your boat would be a lot bigger challenge - weight, Olds, Panther.
    What are your numbers now?

PANTHERJET
    The Engine Is Set Up With The Best Of Every Thing Mondello Recomends And Tolerances Are Set To Handle 6500 Going By There Book As Far As Weight I Have Never Got I Chance To Weigh It. The Pump Is Pretty Tite And Has Been Resealed And Bearing.

Cas
    I saw in the other thread that the bottom has been done...good deal.
    Engine done....good deal... what's the horsepower?
    At what rpm is the engine making it's peak torque? and horsepower?
    If the hp is too high in the rpm band, say 6500, it'll be tough to get it there. The peak needs to be in the 5500 to 5800 range so it can get all available power to the pump.
    A lot of these questions will pertain to your set-up no matter what pump you have. I built my engine to go into the Tahiti I had with a Panther, built it for peak hp at about 5800. Since I put the engine in a boat with a Berk and an A impeller, the engine can only get to about 4900. I'm leaving quite a bit of useful hp in the engine and until I do some changes, I won't ever get it out. Then again, only using what it is, the engine should last quite awhile.

PANTHERJET
    as far as the rpm the engine builds peak hp I dont know I did not dyno it. I can tell you what is in it if that helps. comp 292h cam 11:1 forged pistons E castings w34 heads with big valves and all the trick stuff, victor mainifold 750 edelbrock carb unilite igniton rewarder ot headers everthing mondello said and put in the oil pan kit and restrictors. Last time i was out i had the flame arrestor on and it cut rpm by 600 so I took it off and the at 58 mph on gps the boat would be at 5300 rpm max rpm i got out of it was 5900 when the trim plate was all the way up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123