Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My New Engine!

Hallett19
    Motor looks awesome!! Good job sticking with the Ford power, we need more loyal Ford guys around here!!
    The place diverter is running great on my boat!
    Hope all goes well with the motor!

Bigern
    SwweeeeeeeTTTTT

FILUCKY
    I'll guess on the heads. Well they have standard port location and Ford exhuast pattern, so i'll say Performers or SCJ's with the end's milled to get rid of the engravings? Would be nice to get some specs on this beast, looks really nice!

jetboat
    its nice to see a ford getting it getting its do!sharp.wifes ill always gripe,learn to live with them,it over 30 years and still dont understand them.

camoman
    Very nice

87HARDIN
    Weren't they selling any Chevys? J/K Nice looking motor, have fun.

Bailey
    The heads are edelbrocks with some work of course, Hogan's sheet metal intake, 10.7:1 compression, roller cam. Haven't had a chance to get all my paper work in order with all the specs.

GM Killer
    Nice looking motor!!! As far as the dyno thing goes, Ive done both. You can find extra power on the dyno, but once installed the whole game changes. So is it worth it? I think it is if you want some numbers to go by, but if you are happy with the RPM and the MPH then who needs it. I ran over 115 in my CP without a dyno on the third pass it made.
    Remember this too. Plenty of guys claim they are making "X" amount of power on the dyno, but what are they making in the boat, out of ideal conditions. Also, if the motor makes power at lets say 6800rpm, but it only turns 6200 in the boat, then max power is not being made is it! Then what? start cutting impellors? start changing this and/ or that. Where does the tuning truly take place?

e514jet
    Nice BBF......gotta love it........

Duane HTP
    I can't imagine spending that much money on a motor and not taking it to the dyno. It will be the cheapest HP and piece of mind that you could ever get. The HP numbers from the dyno are just a by product of the dyno tuning. But knowing where it's going to detonate, where in the timing curve it makes its most power, which cylinders are lean and how to correct them, little things like knowing the oil is going to creep up the pan at 5200 rpm, those kind of things are what make dyno runs so invaluable and make motors last longer. JUST DO IT! You will never be sorry. Once you know exactly where you are on the motor, the rest comes easy. Dyno it, put it in and forget it.
    Happy Boating.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast