Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing a Friend

Kim Hanson
    It's not so good here, I today lost a derrick hand that had been on my rig for 10 years and a roughneck that was new to my rig. They had been putting in new plasma lights and were drinking and decided to go see what they looked like just after midnight, I get to go to a funeral now. Either one was wearing a seatbelt and they hit an a approach at a high speed and both were ejected from the SUV and died on the scene.
    I have been having a hard time with this since I have worked with Shane for over 10 years and realized today, I seen him more than my wife everyday cause of the work thing. I really can't beleive they are both gone, we did a job on a well just yesterday. Shane had 2 kids Gage and McKenzey ( wife Tracy )Shane was 30, Curtis (the driver) was 20 .
    I really don't know why I am putting this up, I just don't have a clue about life right now and can't believe that people can be takin away from you that fast.Now I have no crew for work, a funeral to go to and to see kids with no father in there lifes. Mother that will struggle with no father in the picture. I really can't believe this has happened.
    I have bawled so much today, I feel like a newborn baby! My girls don't even know what to do, but sit beside me and hug me. They knew Shane well also and find it hard to believe he is GONE !I have come to see that life is short to some, why is that? I don't know why and can't think even why it is!
    I am mad and sad at the same time, how can that be? I am really ****ed up right now and needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening....

It's not so good here, I today lost a derrick hand that had been on my rig for 10 years and a roughneck that was new to my rig. They had been putting in new plasma lights and were drinking and decided to go see what they looked like just after midnight, I get to go to a funeral now. Either one was wearing a seatbelt and they hit an a approach at a high speed and both were ejected from the SUV and died on the scene.
    I have been having a hard time with this since I have worked with Shane for over 10 years and realized today, I seen him more than my wife everyday cause of the work thing. I really can't beleive they are both gone, we did a job on a well just yesterday. Shane had 2 kids Gage and McKenzey ( wife Tracy )Shane was 30, Curtis (the driver) was 20 .
    I really don't know why I am putting this up, I just don't have a clue about life right now and can't believe that people can be takin away from you that fast.Now I have no crew for work, a funeral to go to and to see kids with no father in there lifes. Mother that will struggle with no father in the picture. I really can't believe this has happened.
    I have bawled so much today, I feel like a newborn baby! My girls don't even know what to do, but sit beside me and hug me. They knew Shane well also and find it hard to believe he is GONE !I have come to see that life is short to some, why is that? I don't know why and can't think even why it is!
    I am mad and sad at the same time, how can that be? I am really ****ed up right now and needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening....
    Sorry to hear this Kim.

rrrr
    That's rough, Kim. Losing two at once......working rigs is damn dangerous, I know you and the others joke about stuff but there are so many ways to get hurt or killed.....
    Last week a kid that was captain of the football team at my son's HS during their senior year (2001) was killed in a rig accident.....he was 23.
    I hope you will find some peace......it's tough when the elephant is sitting on your chest.
    Take care of yourself.

Tom Brown
    Sorry, Kim. Hang in there buddy.

Kim Hanson
    Sorry to hear this Kim.
    How would you deal with htis, I don't have a clue and am doing to lose it on someone . ...........( . )( . )..........

lucky
    sorry to hear , my brother ! fockin been a bad month on h/b friends,family,and your pets - tell them all you love them - then just drink heavy and get the shit out - you will feel better - will be think ing about you man

I am sorry to hear about your loss . Two at once is even worse I imagine. Vent , talk about it , bawl , do what YOU have to do . Everyone deals with it diffrently and we'll be here for ya with an ear and a shoulder . my best goes out to all of you .
    -beerjet-

Kim Hanson
    That's rough, Kim. Losing two at once......working rigs is damn dangerous, I know you and the others joke about stuff but there are so many ways to get hurt or killed.....
    Last week a kid that was captain of the football team at my son's HS during their senior year (2001) was killed in a rig accident.....he was 23.
    I hope you will find some peace......it's tough when the elephant is sitting on your chest.
    Take care of yourself.
    I know they are dangerous, if you make them that! I set an example and don't drink on the way home ( which is 1.5 hrs ). Last day of work they even bought me beer for the ride home and when Curis asked if I wanted one..I said NO! I look at the same shit everyday to and from work, beer will not make it any different to me.
    Dusty, he worked for me 3 years ago died in a stupid accident when he went to work for a flush by company and died playing around with cats( Caterpillars )another stupid accident! He died at 20 years old
    .......( . )( . )............

Kim Hanson
    Sorry, Kim. Hang in there buddy.
    I am trying Tom, it's just not working so good right now! Thanks for listening buddy..........( . )( . ).........

Kim Hanson
    sorry to hear , my brother ! fockin been a bad month on h/b friends,family,and your pets - tell them all you love them - then just drink heavy and get the shit out - you will feel better - will be think ing about you man
    I got drunk, went to sleep and woke up and this shit really happened Had Aleasha call me to see if I was alright! What is alright? I feel like shit right now..can't talk to people on the phone cause i start to cry like a baby...I am a basket case right now........( . )( . ).........why is this happening to me?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast