It's not so good here, I today lost a derrick hand that had been on my rig for 10 years and a roughneck that was new to my rig. They had been putting in new plasma lights and were drinking and decided to go see what they looked like just after midnight, I get to go to a funeral now. Either one was wearing a seatbelt and they hit an a approach at a high speed and both were ejected from the SUV and died on the scene.
I have been having a hard time with this since I have worked with Shane for over 10 years and realized today, I seen him more than my wife everyday cause of the work thing. I really can't beleive they are both gone, we did a job on a well just yesterday. Shane had 2 kids Gage and McKenzey ( wife Tracy )Shane was 30, Curtis (the driver) was 20 .
I really don't know why I am putting this up, I just don't have a clue about life right now and can't believe that people can be takin away from you that fast.Now I have no crew for work, a funeral to go to and to see kids with no father in there lifes. Mother that will struggle with no father in the picture. I really can't believe this has happened.
I have bawled so much today, I feel like a newborn baby! My girls don't even know what to do, but sit beside me and hug me. They knew Shane well also and find it hard to believe he is GONE !I have come to see that life is short to some, why is that? I don't know why and can't think even why it is!
I am mad and sad at the same time, how can that be? I am really ****ed up right now and needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening....