Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake comparison - just knock offs??

Squirtin Thunder
    P Products Big GM intake is the exact same as the Hardin Marine single plane intake.

ST, you think??? Maybe it's Hardin selling Performance Products intakes for lots of extra coin! :crossx:
    Sleek

Squirtin Thunder
    ST, you think??? Maybe it's Hardin selling Performance Products intakes for lots of extra coin! :crossx:
    Sleek
    From what I have been told the Hardin Marine intake says Hardin Marine on it, but I have not bought one just to see. That would be CP Performance selling the Hardin intake and any other product with the Hardin name on it.

I've heard they are good performers at a fraction of the price of Edelbrock. The early ones had some fitment problems as I recall but that was many years ago. I've looked at them in detail at SEMA and they are looking really like good quality stuff. The co. is owned by Jim Davis, former lead guy at B&M for years. I've met him a few time seems like a straight shooter no bs kinda guy. I wouldn't hesitate to use one on my own engine. Their polishing costs as I remember are hard to beat too.
    The above is all I can offer. Never have used one personally or seen a side by side dyno comp. vs similar Edelbrock.

Back Forty
    I have no idea about the true origins of this "pro" company but from a tooling aspect don't fall for it. If it's "loads" cheaper, sucks in performance comparo's and looks very well the same as your favorite big name intake beware. Most likely it's one of many cheap look a likes. It's very easy to stick a manifold in front of a BS tooling crew and accomplish something that looks like the spenso stuff. Proofs in the puddin' though. Don't ignore the dyno reports. If you've ever looked at the un finessed products from this company and compared to the real thing you'll see the crap effort at copy cat work.
    Just my observation. I saw this company's crap at PRI a while back and had to laugh.

They are from China (the cheaper factor) but from what I've seen they are a far cry from crap. They look really good. And Professional Products has been around for many years. Usually crap can't claim that.
    But like I said I have seen no dyno reports on them in comparison to Edelbrock.

MikeF
    I hate to say it, but I'm still waiting for someone to knock off these valve covers.
    http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/c1/04/37_12.JPG
    3/400 bones..........give me a f'n break!

Back Forty
    They are from China (the cheaper factor) but from what I've seen they are a far cry from crap. They look really good. And Professional Products has been around for many years. Usually crap can't claim that.
    But like I said I have seen no dyno reports on them in comparison to Edelbrock.
    Ya... At the end of the day it's in the eye of the beholder. I wasn't very impressed from the tooling stand point. They are look a like which is the real issue. Once an individual begins to "work" something like this the original engineering work of the original probably goes out the door but the castings are drasticly different in quality and intent from my eye.

TIMINATOR
    A blower intake is a single plane....... TIMINATOR

MACHINEHEAD
    Post #7, Im convinced. The casting that I got was a little looser
    (more texture) than anybody else. If your that worried about looks
    have it polished in house, dont have a local do it because he'll charge extra for prep! These will definately go on all my 540 engine packages, pollished of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast