Thread: 572 Chevrolet Crate Motor

230Stingray
    Just curious if anyone has heard any more on this new crate motor form Chevrolet Performance I have been told by my dealer that it won't be out until after Thanksgiving. any one heard pricing?

powerplay230
    Check out - http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?act...rt&catid=1579, might need compression change and cam change but they have all kinds of toys!

Hotcrusader76
    230Stingray:
    Just curious if anyone has heard any more on this new crate motor form Chevrolet Performance I have been told by my dealer that it won't be out until after Thanksgiving. any one heard pricing?Are you refering to the new ZL1 motor?

230Stingray
    Yea PC thats the one Sallee has pictures of it, Chevrolet says it will be reality but no pricing or exact release date yet. Might make a great swap for my 502 with a few mods.

powerplay230
    Looks like a neat piece but I would expect it to be quite expensive. The new 2002 version of the ZL-1 is aluminum 454 c.i./ 510 hp and price is expected to be $20,000.00. So just let your imagination figure the price for a 572. Would be cheaper to build a big motor or add a blower to yours. Just my .01

HOSS
    Cheaper to build and way more hp! And could run on pump gas. Not impressed. And this is carb fed? Come on, GM can surely do better than that. I`d rather run a diesel.
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!

230Stingray
    your probably right, Procharger on the 502 and a complete rebuild if I blew that up and I would be cheaper and put out more hp.

paradigm shift
    I to think there are better deals. Not that this is the best but one to consider. http://www.theengineshop.com/sbkits6.shtml
    GM high performance parts I think are very good up to a point HP wise. I like to build my own motors but that is me. I heard once that you can pay 30,000 to have that motor built professionally or build it three time yourself for 12,000 each time until you get it right. Can be the truth if you do not do the research. Price ranges all depend on the HP desired but I think you get the message. wink