Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would I be CRAZY.........

XFactor
    to commit to a boat that is yet to hit the water?
    I'm considering the new DCB deckboat. Is it crazy to buy a boat based on unproven performance? It's built on the 29 bottom. I know the 29 is a great boat, but will the deckboat perform as well? Will the weight from additional seating and change on the top create any performance issues? If a 29 with twin vipers does 120mph, what could be expected from the deck version with the same power?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0sportdeck.jpg
    I love the looks of this boat. Never thought I would see a deckboat that looks soooooo sporty.

mbrown2
    Imagine the 26 Sportdeck without a walkthough and that would be your 26.....maybe scrub a little top end due to the weight vesus a closed deck.
    I have to imagine the 29 is gonna be the same thing...little heavier in the front due to the weight, but with twin i/o's is not going to be as weight sensitive as the OB's on the 26 would. You may scrub a 3-5 mph on the top end, but I doubt you will feel any major difference on how the boat will handle.....If you have the front loaded, it will be a little wishy washy as your 26 probably is as medium speeds.....
    to commit to a boat that is yet to hit the water?
    I'm considering the new DCB deckboat. Is it crazy to buy a boat based on unproven performance? It's built on the 29 bottom. I know the 29 is a great boat, but will the deckboat perform as well? Will the weight from additional seating and change on the top create any performance issues? If a 29 with twin vipers does 120mph, what could be expected from the deck version with the same power?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0sportdeck.jpg
    I love the looks of this boat. Never thought I would see a deckboat that looks soooooo sporty.

boxscore
    As if anyone really cared... I'm fricken drooling over that thing. In fact, I'll take the same gel in the rendering. The wifey would never ever let me have one. (that's what she said about the last one though.... always a chance :crossx: )

ADDICTED
    As if anyone really cared... I'm fricken drooling over that thing. In fact, I'll take the same gel in the rendering. The wifey would never ever let me have one. (that's what she said about the last one though.... always a chance :crossx: )
    I could not agree with you more!

Magic34
    That thing is sick. I love the 4 seats in the rear.
    Damn you DCB, where was this boat 6 months ago???

Magic34
    Oh yeah, the only thing you should be concerned with is the bottom, and if they are using the 29 bottom, that boat will be good to go even if the first one. Especially coming from DCB. They have their sh*t together.
    I wouldn't hesitate buying the first one, especially if the deal was right.

XFactor
    I don't believe I would be commiting to the first, but definetly to a build prior to the first being completed.

al cole'holic
    ..what the hell will the price tag look like on this futher mucker??

OutCole'd
    I heard Toby was selling the 26' (that he has not taken delivery of yet) and ordering one of these and putting triples on the back (then selling it before he takes delivery).

ROZ
    I heard Toby was selling the 26' (that he has not taken delivery of yet) and ordering one of these and putting triples on the back (then selling it before he takes delivery).
    He already bought the stereo gear for it, and bob is working on designing his speaker pod s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast