Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placecraft 19' tunnel

Second "PLACE"
    I'm interested in finding a 19' PLACECRAFT tunnel in a 2 or 4 seat configuration. Seems that there are not many around, as I have only ran across single seat versions of this hull. Anyone know of one of these for sale?

FuelInMyVeins82
    You can buy them new. I know a guy who just got an 06 fresh out of the mold

There is one on ebay now

Tom Peterson has the molds for the 19'. He just made one for me. He worked at placecraft during the time that all of the top dragboats were being made there. He does excellent work and knows the exact setup to make them work. Call him at (928) 855-5819.

Second "PLACE"
    I'm aware that Tom has the original mold, and know him as well. I bought a 21 Placecraft Outboard --1991 that he once owned. He is one of the best around when it comes to rigging. I love his '92 and know he would part with it for the right price.
    I was thinking I might find a decent used one, yet nothing fits my needs so far.
    If I may ask, what did it run you to have him build you the hull? :idea:

I'd rather not say because I had additional work done by Tom and I wouldn't want everybody reading this thinking the cost was for a bare hull. This is my second 19' (I sold the first one to Whitie, red and white) and Tom also set that boat up. I strongly suggest you not buy a bare hull and try to rig it yourself as the setup is critical, especially if you plan to run any serious power. If you know Tom, call him....

Second "PLACE"
    I understand, and can appriciate that.
    To clarify, did Tom build you the complete package hull and all, and do you have any pics posted?
    My intentions are not to rig myself, I was simply under the impression that you had purchased a bare hull from Tom which prompted my question. I understand he now has a shop in Havasu.

Pictures??? Heck I just learned how to send emails! If you're serious, you can come by the house and look at it. I live in Phillips Ranch, not that far from you. Call me, (909) 629-8463. Steve

Bense468
    Pictures??? Heck I just learned how to send emails! If you're serious, you can come by the house and look at it. I live in Phillips Ranch, not that far from you. Call me, (909) 629-8463. Steve
    Steve, I'll post em for ya. E-mail me at Bense468@gmail.com
    Does tom still have the 19? Haven't seen your old boat out in Blythe for a while, hopefully whitey shows up this summer with it. Heard a while back he was thinking of selling...not sure if thats true. We were out there this past weekend. Time to start running them.

Second "PLACE"
    Whew. I don't feel so bad now-- I thought I was the only one on the boards that doesn't know how to post pics.
    I will give you a call. I'd love to see it in person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast