Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazatlan Tips...

River Diva
    Well I collect the VIP points for all the radio stations when I'm bored at work and enter contests randomly. I've won concert tickets, books, etc. The other day I got a phone call and we won a trip for 2 to Mazatlan for Spring Break! We're headed out next Thursday the 19th through Monday the 23rd. We'll be staying at the El Cid Marina Resort
    So my question is....has anyone been there? Any tips on fun things to do? What activities would you do again? Great places to eat, etc?

Nord
    Drink lots and lots of their water there.....very fresh and good for the digestion system

Caljamr
    Marlin fishing is awesome down there. Rent a boat a crew for a day trip. Caught two blue fins and gave it to the crew and they cut it up and give to the locals. Also heard the snorkeling/scuba diving was good. Didn't get a chance to do that. The El Cid is nice and located close to town. It's on the beach and it's fun to just walk from hotel bar to hotel bar on the beach getting margaritas and checking out the pools and hotties. Eat the shrimp. Lots of shrimp resturants and it's all good.
    Got to Stone Island. It's way laid back and food is good and cheap and so is the beer. You can ride jetskii's, horses, run on the beach, banana boat rides drink beer or just lay back in the sun. Recommendation. Pay a kid several bucks to be your beer runner and also to shush off the locals trying to sell you stuff. It gets old saying no.
    Have fun.

Cole Trickle
    Drink lots and lots of their water there.....very fresh and good for the digestion system
    Yeah...I have heard that the imported bottled water will give you the shits!!! :devil:

River Diva
    You always find a way to bring poop into it don't you?

River Diva
    Marlin fishing is awesome down there. Rent a boat a crew for a day trip. Caught two blue fins and gave it to the crew and they cut it up and give to the locals. Also heard the snorkeling/scuba diving was good. Didn't get a chance to do that. The El Cid is nice and located close to town. It's on the beach and it's fun to just walk from hotel bar to hotel bar on the beach getting margaritas and checking out the pools and hotties. Eat the shrimp. Lots of shrimp resturants and it's all good.
    Got to Stone Island. It's way laid back and food is good and cheap and so is the beer. You can ride jetskii's, horses, run on the beach, banana boat rides drink beer or just lay back in the sun. Recommendation. Pay a kid several bucks to be your beer runner and also to shush off the locals trying to sell you stuff. It gets old saying no.
    Have fun.
    I wish we could go fishing...it's not exactly Dave's favorite thing to do and I'm already making him go fishing at my dad's lodge in Alaska in June. I think one fishing expedition in a year will be enough for him.
    I've heard from others that Stone Island was nice....we'll be sure to visit.

BADBLOWN572
    Hmmm.... Well, you are staying at an all inclusive resort down in Mexico. I know what I would do. Sit on the beach, and get drunk!!!
    I have always found that if you have an itinerary (?sp) to stick to, things get f'ed up and everyone becomes miserable. If you have no plans or expectations, nothing can go wrong.

River Diva
    Hmmm.... Well, you are staying at an all inclusive resort down in Mexico. I know what I would do. Sit on the beach, and get drunk!!!
    I have always found that if you have an itinerary (?sp) to stick to, things get f'ed up and everyone becomes miserable. If you have no plans or expectations, nothing can go wrong.
    We're not itenerary kind of people anyways. Especially not in Mexico. My favorite times are drinking dos equis on the beach and having absolutely nowhere to be. That's what mexico is all about. I just don't want to miss anything that might be worth the trek...or spend money on a tour that I could have done the local way for alot cheaper...etc.

Caljamr
    We're not itenerary kind of people anyways. Especially not in Mexico. My favorite times are drinking dos equis on the beach and having absolutely nowhere to be. That's what mexico is all about. I just don't want to miss anything that might be worth the trek...or spend money on a tour that I could have done the local way for alot cheaper...etc.
    I always liked the one day to relax do nothing, one day plan something, one day to relax, one day plan something and one day to relax then you go home.

That Guy
    Have fun.
    What he said... there is really some pretty good snorkeling down there but you need to talk to one of the dive shops to get a decent location...and you can also see the cliff divers if you are willing to pay their price...I offered $10 to see him dive and he told me no...well not exactly no.. (my daughter speaks spanish)...but that was the general message...(he didn't seem to care for her response back in Spanish either.... )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast