Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up-Down Pedal Gears

Costello
    A friend of mine is looking for the gears in an up-down pedal assembly. He says the unit is a Sunnyvale brand. I've never heard of Sunnyvale anything for marine equipment myself. Does anyone know anything about this outfit and where to get gears? I understand Bergeron will make some, but I thought maybe someone here knew something or had a unit like this for sale.

He prob. has a Tri-Metric piece. I believe they were made in Sunnyvale.

Costello
    Now we're getting somewhere!! This guy is a good engine builder, has raced a boat for a few years, just not very descriptive in what he was looking for. Thanks 058.

Costello, If its the same piece I'm thinking of the gears will always be a problem due to the leverage on the gear and housing from the left pedal, it has no support.

Costello
    I'm trying to get this hellcat to scrap the up pedal anyways, then you don't need the gears. 90% of guys racing flats don't even have an up pedal, just use enough spring so the plate doesn't suck back down. I called TriMetric and they "threw all that stuff away a few years ago". This guy has only raced a hydro, I'm trying to steer him in the direction of a better setup for his flat, but he says "it has two pedals, I want to use them". A little frustrating, but we'll get it figured out for him. I'll pass on your advice that it will be an ongoing problem and see if we can sway him. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

pgf127rt
    Costello, if he is running a bunch of HP the first time he hits the up he just might be looking for a saw, if he doesn't crash, I used the up on my Cole Comp. boat but in the Canyon they sawed it off, and I know why, you don't have time to switch pedals if the boat gets outa shape, or at least this old man didn't have time.

Costello
    That's exactly what I told him Joe Don, you won't have time to get out of the gas and or on the down when you're in trouble. He IS running a nasty 16:1 Enderle injected Brodix headed tunnel ram motor. It should make around 1000hp, and run 8.0's or so pretty easily. I think it cc'd out to 517ci or something like that. I'm going to pass on your advice to him.

V-Drive Tom
    Costello, Everything you guys are saying about this is right,YOU know it...I know it...Now get in there and convince him of it! Trying to use old parts that wern't a great design to begin with. OK ITS DECIDED!

If God intended for us to have an up pedal he would have given us 3 legs.
    [This message has been edited by 058 (edited April 16, 2002).]

Costello
    I think I'll print this thread so he can see what all of you guys had to say. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif 058, I like that bit o' wisdom!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast