Thread: clogged cooling

dwmmatt23
    i have a 78 marlin with amc 360 and panther jet that i am redoing. when i took cooling hoses off to replace the had what looked like cottage cheese in them. not completely clogged just some settled around bottom. now this is my first jet. i pulled plate off front of engine and some in there as well. is there any way to try and run them through with water while its running or what should i do to try and fix. engine was newly rebuilt and all internals are good so if any way not tearing completely apart? might be a no brainer but even dumb questions sometimes need answers. thanks for any input and proud to join such an awesome community!!!

centerhill condor
    cottage cheese? you may have oil in the water??? if its true water borne debris run her with the block drain cocks open. Some guys will recommend taking out the rear freeze plugs and replace them with the rubber kind.
    You could run hose water throught the tubes just be careful of the pressure.
    cottage cheese? this stuff could just blow out when you run her hard anyway. Sometimes, when water sets up for a while bacteria, slime, and other living organisms will grow in the water network. But that is really a different problem that what you likely have...probably just dirt, silt and a little calcium ,etc.
    good luck!