Thread: John Force fails to quualify in Las Vegas

throttlejunkie
    TOP STORIES
    Old qualifying streaks end, new ones begin after frantic Saturday in Vegas
    One of the most impressive streaks in all motorsports came to an abrupt end Saturday in Las Vegas when 14-time Funny Car champion John Force failed to qualify for eliminations for the first time in 395 races. Force (pictured) and Top Fuel contender Doug Kalitta, whose class-leading streak of 164 consecutive races also ended this weekend, will be conspicuous observers when the eighth annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals begin Sunday morning at 11 a.m.
    Friday leaders Tony Schumacher, Mike Ashley, and Jeg Coughlin remained on top of their respective fields. Schumacher's 4.479 at 329.83 mph was more than enough in Top Fuel to earn him his third pole of the year. Ashley rode Funny Car's fastest pass ever (4.725 at 334.32 mph) to his first low qualifying effort, while Coughlin earned his second No. 1 qualifying award in the past two races.

that sucks,he was pretty emotional with all that has been going on,not that he has anything to do with the tune up but you could see the fire wasnt there.pretty heartbreaking watching his interveiw's.pretty tough to put a daughter in a car that just killed someone he loved like a son.jon medlen seemed to be all business in his little clip on the new head saftey.

boatsnblondes
    I saw Steve Medlin today, Eric's uncle. He's a good friend, and he said all are doing well, though it's a big hole in the world that he left behind, so to speak. I'm sure John, whom I've met several times at places around Yorba Linda, is still shaken from it all....watching Driving Force, the few shots they are both in, it's obvious John loved him like a son....too bad...Steve and family are well though....

brad22

Every streak has its end i guess
    This has got to be the worst beginning of a season for him.

4-B
    Maybe the new count will be consecutive events where a "Force" has qualified. I hope they can keep it going.

Wet Dream
    I was watching it yesterday, and after hearing alot of the the interviews on Friday and hearing him yesterday, he just was not into racing. He big thing was rightfully on safety and his fear was focused on Ashley. I hope he comes back around soon.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Like said above Im sure John has some things on his mind and Im sure it was hard to see his daughter get in the car but it is what they love. My buddy is Erics cousin and it has been rough but they are getting through a tough time. Im sure it has been hard on the whole Force team GODSPEED to them. Just remember Eric died doing what he loved..

Its great to see Ashley running well. Also good to see Coughlin and Connelly runing well. Cant wait to see what happens today.

Mrs.Racer277
    What an emotional day for the Force team..... I need some tissue.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Happy tears and sad tears watching The Show tonight...