Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is buying and selling nappy headed hoe's ok?

Poster X
    I could use a couple. Especially when my tool's aren't enough for my wife.
    http://www.lakepirateforums.com/Foru...ic/t=9001.html

Poster X
    To keep the peace, I posted this to spur debate on political correctness and whether it has damaged society or is it an histoical blink in time, like "flower power?"

My vote would be it's damaged society. And continues to erode our freedoms by placing anything that might come across offensive to any particular group off limits to the rest. Reference to God in school or any government place, the current nappy ho deal, and a thousand things in between.
    PC is damaging the fabric of the country AND putting the country's security at risk in doing so. Don't want to offend any Arabs for Christ's sake by profiling now do we? Even though a dozen or so of them were directly responsible for 911. There comes a point when profiling is a less important loss of freedom compared to security being a more important gain for everyone imo. Just one example of many where PC is in the way of what needs to be done to take care of business.
    Don't want to offend Mexico by closing the friggin border now do we. Even though illegal immigration will destroy life in the US as we know it within the next century. (See video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68265&q=number)in Knowledge is Power thread). Not to mention the associated security risk by letting illegal criminals of Mexican and other origins freely enter the US.
    Another is our PC reporter impregnated war in Iraq. Regardless of whether you agree or not with the war, you cannot effectively fight or win a PC war. There is no such thing as a PC war. War is ugly. War is sometimes not fair to the participants or civilians. PC has no place there if the goal is to win. Now if you want a quagmire, well there you go.

Poster X
    There just isn't any dialogue anymore. At least if you're white (IMHO). There is no limitation to slander against a white man by black comedians, black pundits, ne'er-do-well's such as Mr Sharpton, et al. If they cannot put race behind them.. how are we supposed to? Especially as the recipients of their racial humor, vitriol, and films that have no message but "kill whitey." I cite Mr Spike Lee if you question that point. Until black leaders become leaders of men, instead of money motivated, fame seeking exploitationists of their won people.. the world will only move backwards.
    Best said... Martin Luther King was a man that happened to be black. Now, he would be a black man.

btw I think the nappy headed ho comment was definately in poor taste. But where is freedom of speech if someone isn't allowed to say something that others may not like or may find offensive. Obviously this guys employer has the right to fire him over it. I don't disagree with that right. But I guarantee if others like H Stern had said the same shit no one would have even blinked.
    People get way too wound up over what one fool might say. He got fired. Let it go. All the black reverands need to just put a cork in it. They breed racism by continuing to pound on this type of stuff imo. Threatening to file lawsuits etc.
    Same thing with what's his name the comidian with the N word. Offensive yes. Fire him. Don't pay to go see him. He'll get the idea. Beyond that let it go. It's just one dumass being a dumass.
    The media just loves this shit too. They feed on it and make a mountain out of what should have been a mole hill with their sensationalistic reporting.
    People should be able to say what they want. And suffer the consequences if its offensive. Once the government steps in and makes it a crime (lawsuits being won and so on) then freedom of speech is in grave jeopardy.

Tom Brown
    My vote would be it's damaged society. And continues to erode our freedoms by placing anything that might come across offensive to any particular group off limits to the rest.
    Sometimes I hang out with some of the most PC people I've ever met in my life. If these people were to read half the shit I post on ***boat, they would not be able to spend time with me anymore.
    While they are clearly tolerance disabled, they are also some of the nicest, warmest hearted people I've ever met. They have built a box for themselves to live in and that's just how they like it.
    One of these people is a woman who is interested in me. When I told her I don't feel we are suited, she disagreed. It must seem odd to hear that from me because we always get along great and I enjoy time with her, as well. I could never live that livestyle full time, though. I'd have to kill myself. My life is richer for sampling it on occasion, however.
    I told her about the time a buddy of mine came up behind me in a restaurant and put me in a headlock. There was a brief tussle and my bud and I enjoyed a good laugh as I rubbed my sore neck and my buddy tried not to laugh too hard because of his sore ribs.
    The thing is, if you categorize people according to their views and conduct and then chose who to spend time with according to that, your life will be small compared to spending time with people of all viewpoints.
    I also hang out with some folks who are a little less sophisticated in their taste. They are no less sophisticated as people, though. I'll take a sore neck and profane conversation with one of these fart smellers any day, over spending time with a snob who thinks greatness means being better than everyone else.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I hope there is a place for everyone. I'm not sure there is any right and wrong, when it comes to conduct and opinion. I've always felt accepted here on ***boat and I do my best to return the same respect to pretty much everybody. It makes for a beautiful life when you can enjoy different people on different levels.

One of these people is a woman who is interested in me. When I told her I don't feel we are suited, she disagreed. My life is richer for sampling it on occasion, however.

Tom Brown

You people make me so angry with your sexual innuendo and crass comments. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
    Life would be so much nicer if everyone acted and conducted themselves like I do. You know, the correct way.

Life would be so much nicer if everyone acted and conducted themselves like I do. You know, the correct way.
    I'm trying Tom. I moved my TV to the back yard yesterday. It's pretty cold out there though. I needed to cut back on TV watching anyway. Thank you for the tip.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast