Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a black man telling the truth

dragboat
    Take another 15 minutes at least 77Woodbridge. Its a pleasure to get to know you.

SHOTKALLIN
    Useless Grant thanks for the post.
    Unfortunately I don't think Jason Whitlock has a large enough voice in society to make a difference. It's really sad when even someone as famous as Bill Cosby cant even get the black community to listen. Here in America There are alot of positive black people. We have a black Presidential candidate who actually stands a chance at getting the Democratic nomination. Its sad that blacks are arguing that he's not really black, doesn't know the struggle of being black, being the son of an African immigrant father and a white woman. Colin Powell is considered an Uncle Tom puppet for George W. Bush. Dr. Condi Rice is considered Auntie Tom. Oprah Winfrey is the most powerful woman in the media, and a self made billionaire. The black community has been given plenty of examples of how to be a success.
    Instead a year and a half ago Jessie Jackson and Snoop Doggy were fighting to save Tookie Williams'(founder of the crips) life because he is a African American hero.

SHOTKALLIN
    If I had 15 minutes of the America’s undivided attention I would say the following:
    2) When you see a young black man out, say at the sand bar…consider that maybe that kid is putting himself through school and just trying to enjoy spring break- just like the white kids
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147298
    This thread pissed me the fock off. Post #22, 24
    I guess blacks will never be welcome?

Cole Trickle
    If I had 15 minutes of the America’s undivided attention I would say the following:
    1) I grew up poor by American standards (yep it was a toilet all around me) . My father divorced my mom and us. Mom mother busted ass as a waitress and put herself and us through school to make our lives better. As a result I often found myself one of the few black kids/young adults in primarily white schools
    2) When you see a young black man out, say at the sand bar…consider that maybe that kid is putting himself through school and just trying to enjoy spring break- just like the white kids
    3) When you look at me don’t see a black man, see a father that busts ass everyday – well most days to provide a better life for his children than he had as a child
    4) When you see a black man approaching you on the street do not assume something negative, refer to (3)
    5) When you a black man with the trappings of wealth do not assume, drug dealer/criminal, entertainer or athlete, refer to (3)
    6) No matter what I do for society, contribute as a citizen, some trailer park trash or Imus type can and will call me a nigger
    7) That same trailer park trash can change clothes, wash his nasty ass, rent a car, concentrate on his diction and be welcome where I am not
    8) Other black men can and will call me a Tom
    9) You can not fight everyone that calls you a nigger or Tom
    10) I believe that the best and worst days in America’s history were in the 1960’s – the best was the Civil Rights movement, the worst was the adoption of Civil Rights as the mantra of radical liberalism and the ensuing end of American Nationalism
    11) I don’t believe that all white people believe I’m a nigger. For me to believe this would be to deny my success in an almost exclusively white culture…The culture of business.
    12) Black people in America are largely sheep that follow whomever is appointed their leaders by the media – these so called leaders, Jesse and Rev. Al do nothing to point out that the enemy is the hip hop culture and lack of individual responsibility and not the white man trying to keep a brotha down
    13) Black people that speak out about the root cause of why blacks fail to succeed in numbers proportionate to Whites and Hispanics are labeled Uncle Toms and dismissed as such and quickly loose the forum provided by the media
    14) White men in America have the power to restore pride in America, the flag and all that’s good about America but instead choose to complain about so called entitlements and set asides. Do you vote, vote non-partisan
    15) Rap music has grown to its current popularity due to primarily the support of white people
    16) There should be censorship, freedom of speech is abused in political statements, music and the theatre
    17) Burning the flag should get you a bullet to the head
    About me: I have lived in several states and countries working as a computer network consultant. I have owned several successful and unsuccessful companies. I’ve worked since I was 10 years old cutting grass, shoveling snow, you name it. Currently VP of MIS of a local company. Proud veteran, United States Air Force, graduate of; Immaculate Conception, McQuaid Jesuit High, Columbia University, Hard Knock U and AA 12 steps. Father of 3. Separated and working on fixing my 16yr marriage.
    ~Victorian
    Nice Post!
    I would drink beer with you at the Sand Bar anyday!!!

CARLSON-JET
    77Woodbridge, Thank you for the honest response. I asked this question for a simple reason, most of the news driven dialogue is often not about real issues but of the Imus he said she said and reactionary knee jerk crap. There are alot of intelligent folks that get very little time to say what they think on broadcast forums without having some sort of negative event bring them to the limelight. I rarely hear anything about day to day thoughts/actions or about foward movement to really get the coverage needed to get real open dialogue/actions rolling.
    I didn't see anything I disagree with and alot of what you wrote applies to many people.
    I wrote a few paragraphs, but thought I would just absorb and ponder what your wrote a while longer. I will waite to see some other positive posts on the subject
    Again, thank you for the great response. R.B.
    p.s. Could you really fit that in 15 minutes?

77Woodbridge
    Case in point. WTF. Its like that Geico commercial with the caveman.
    All you can do is call it when you see it, hope to change those that see things this way and keep it movin'.

SHOTKALLIN
    All you can do is call it when you see it, hope to change those that see things this way and keep it movin'.
    That is the perfect analogy. The caveman and the therapist commercial.

CARLSON-JET
    77Woodbridge Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOTKALLIN
    strange, I thought something similair on the pic in post #6.. sausage fest was secondary.. And of course post#22 bad timing? fraudian slip or just disrespect?

77Woodbridge
    77Woodbridge, Thank you for the honest response. I asked this question for a simple reason, most of the news driven dialogue is often not about real issues but of the Imus he said she said and reactionary knee jerk crap. There are alot of intelligent folks that get very little time to say what they think on broadcast forums without having some sort of negative event bring them to the limelight. I rarely hear anything about day to day thoughts/actions or about foward movement to really get the coverage needed to get real open dialogue/actions rolling.
    I didn't see anything I disagree with and alot of what you wrote applies to many people.
    I wrote a few paragraphs, but thought I would just absorb and ponder what your wrote a while longer. I will waite to see some other positive posts on the subject
    Again, thank you for the great response. R.B.
    p.s. Could you really fit that in 15 minutes?
    Thanks

77Woodbridge
    Nice Post!
    I would drink beer with you at the Sand Bar anyday!!!
    I'll take you up on that some day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast